“A very nice trip!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

chiefbell Norwegian Epic 4 A very nice trip!
chiefbell
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first cruise on Epic, our 4th Norwegian cruise. The ship is very large and very nice. Embarcation was rather quick and our room was ready at 2pm. We are casino people, so we were impressed with the large casino. It takes up most of the open area of floor 6. It was a lot of fun and we do ok! There is really only 1 main dining room, the Manhatten Room. We only went there once and it is nothing to brag about. We told our server that we were in a hurry to make a show and she said she would do her best. She didn't. The food was not great and we were not impressed with that dining room. The buffet was always a good option. The food there was always nicely presented and usually very good. O'Sheehans, on Deck 6, was also a nice choice. It is a free dining area and the menu is very good. It is also the only 24 hour dining option (other than room service). We did not try the $5 pizza delivery, though it is also available. We went to Blue Man Group. It was entertaining but there is no reason to see it twice. The ship is huge, but she sure moves around alot! I, along with many people I spoke with, were very surprised by how much we felt the big ship rolling and moving. And the seas were not that rough. That was our 8th cruise and we had never been on a ship that moved that much. All employees were very nice and helpful. The dealers in the casino were friendly. The casino does have a smoke smell, and some people were commenting on it, but I didn't notice too much (no, I don't smoke). On the 5th night, there was blood all along the wall on the 10th floor, from midship to the aft. We never found out what happened, but by morning, it had been cleaned up. It was quite a mess and quite scary for some. We took advantage of the Bags Program, the $19.95 deal where your bags are all taken care of. It was a mess! Not NCL's fault. But someone had "problems" inside their luggage and it caused all Bags Program participants to be delayed, which made some, very unhappy. The slides on teh top deck were a fun way to spend time, even for us 50+ year-olds. Many adults were taking advantage of the slides and having a blast. All-in-all, it was a great experience and we will cruise on the Epic again, some day.
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Balcony

BB10234
Cabin 10234, they call mid, but it seemed aft to me. The rooms are crowded, even with just 2 people. Bed was comfy and room was clean, but not much room to move around for a balcony cabin.

Port
Went to Atlantis Casino. Impressive resort, but they are ALL about making money. They charge for everything but air. I won't be going back.
Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
Port
We decided to just relax on the beach, near the pier. CONSTANTLY, locals were trying to sell us clothing, braid our hair, massage our feet, rent beach chairs.......it was way too much. I do not recall anything like that from the last time I was there. It was just a pain. And many of the stores and shops in the area are boarded up or closed.
Published 12/14/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?