Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Mrs Patricia Thompson: It was a dream. Fantastic!

Mrs Patricia Thompson
0 Post

It was a dream. Fantastic!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Other

Our second cruise on the dream and it did not disappoint! We were on the so called ill fated maiden voyage in April 2010 and had no problems then either. We like an inside cabin for the darkness. We had a cabin on deck 7. Cabin was fantastic and cabin steward Eko was amazing.

Embarkation was quick and smooth. The food in all the restaurants was excellent, but I prefer the waiter service in the Orion, because like mentioned on previous reviews people dont wash their hands and they pick the rolls up with hands instead of tongs, I am obsessed with it because I caught norovirus a few years ago and was really ill, my husband and son never got it and we had eaten the same food, we put it down to the fact that they never used the handrails and I did, so therefore I always carry antibacterial gel with me now! Plus its awful when you go to the loo and you have to say to people "why dont you wash your hands" I have shamed a few people in the buffet! Its not Thomsons fault, its the More disgusting people who have low hygiene standards. Entertainment as usual was fantastic, we prefer the silly games in the Medussa rather than the shows.

We left the ship and had a fantastic week in the Riu Buenavista. Hopefully we will be flying out to Barbados in April and doing the transatlantic crossing. We have done it twice before on the Destiny but thank god wont do it on her again. It will be amazing doing it on a fabulous ship like the dream. Cant wait! Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream

Cabin was on deck 7 midships, double bed plus two bunks above, but as there was only two of us there was plently of wardrobe and closet space. No engine noise, in fact no noise of any decripton.

Lovely quaint little place.

Fantastic shopping. Didnt do the trips as been there frequently on hols!

Amazing place. You have got to do afternoon tea at Reids Palace.