Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by medfordgirl: Best cruise EVAH

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Best cruise EVAH

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We booked this cruise on my birthday in March. They had a JS Guarantee for just $1049pp so we jumped on it. We didn't care to do the western caribbean but then, we mostly go for the cruise, not the stops. Unless RCCL starts going from Florida to Bermuda and to the ABC islands in the southern caribbean. We hoped for a bunch of family members to go with us but it wasn't working out. Then 5 days before we left the inside stateroom came down to $499 and my parents joined us. Big surprise to all of us when they were bumped up to a superior balcony. Already this is turning out to be a great cruise.

We left our home about 8am (Tampa area) picked up my parents and we were on our way. We arrived about 10:30am got a great parking space out front walked right in, checked right in and sat for about 20 minutes before they started letting us get on board. everything went smooth. We then headed for the cafe promenade which was almost empty. PERFECT. We relaxed had a few sandwiches More and coffee and wine (and a cupcake from the cupcake cupboard) from there we checked our dining room table, it was a lovely table for 4 next to the window on deck 5. PERFECT.

Our stops were Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We had to miss Grand Cayman because the seas were a little choppy and we couldn't tender. We were all fine with it because we weren't planning on getting off there anyway and because we missed the stop we were all given about $20pp added to our OBC, PERFECT. We have been to all the islands before and only got off to pick up a few items, like the jamaican rum creme....YUM!

We saw 5 shows onboard (booked all our reservations online before we left)
The Ice Show, always good (felt sorry for one skater who was doing this beautiful routine, unfortunately with his fly open, we did get a chuckle from it, sorry, my bad)
Marquee was enjoyable
Drew Thomas, always great.
Once upon a time...We loved it
Headliner was Jay Johnson...very entertaining, we all enjoyed it.
Made it to our first Love and Marriage show and laughed alot. Won't miss it anymore.

Dinner in the dining room was the best ever. As was our Waiter, Wesley from Jamaica. We gave him our wow card, that good. My DH is very critical of him meals as we are pretty good cooks. Even he said this was the best food he has ever had on a cruise ship. We were planning on eating at the specialty restaurants alot because the food isn't always too good in the dining room but this time it was fantastic. We did go to Chops, once because we wanted to treat my parents for their anniversary and it was THE BEST.
We purchased the cookbook and got a galley tour, It was quick but glad we saw it, don't need to again but glad to do it once. Kudos to the executive chef, he is the best.

Our room was great. We have been in grand suites, owners suites and regular balconies. I would say we are very happy with a JS. Not too big, not too small, just right and I can't say enough about the walk in closet, don't know why the other suites don't have one? Oh and considering the position of our room we had a cubby hole in the corner which perfectly fit all our luggage so we didn't have to put in in our closet.

We went with my parents to their room (6514) First balcony in front of ship with bubble balcony (we had that room on Liberty a couple years ago and loved it. WELL, they LOVED IT. They usually get an inside stateroom and don't spend much time in it. Well, this time they took advantage of the balcony. They never spent so much time in their room before. That's all I will say on that.......

I played in the casino, won $100 the first day and saved the slip til the end of the cruise so that I was able to come home with at least that, so I guess that makes me (as charlie sheen would say) Winning
also played a few rounds of mini golf, great fun.
I know we must have done other stuff but I can't think of it. Wanted to make a music video but never seemed to have the time...Gosh it just went so fast.

On Sunday we all had a wonderful breakfast in the dining room and grabbed our carry ons and left the ship. Easy as pie. Got in our car and headed home.

embarkation perfect
rooms perfect
food perfect
service perfect
entertainment perfect
activities perfect
debarkation perfect

Can't wait to go back. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 9348

9348 great location (cubby hole in corner, perfect for luggage)