Carnival Pride Cruise Review by GRANNYOFFIVE: ENJOYABLE AS ALWAYS

ENJOYABLE AS ALWAYS

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I sailed on the Pride from 11/27/11 - 12/4/11. We also sailed on the Pride in 2002 when she was a very new ship. Truthfully, she looked just as good this cruise as she did in 2002, maybe even better with some of her new additions. Although a little dark in appearance we easily looked passed that aspect of the ship.

We enjoyed ANYTIME DINING very much. Carnival knows how to do it right. We asked for the same waiter each night as he was fantastic and the hostess was able to accommodate our request. We asked for a table for two but it was very enjoyable getting to know other passengers who sat at tables close to ours. Our waiter Jose and his assistant Diana work great together and we truly miss them. We had minimal line issues on the Lido deck for breakfast or lunch. No problem at all. Every once in a while we dined for breakfast and lunch in the main dining room which was a nice change of pace. For the most part all meals were delicious. We sure miss More the chocolate melting cake which we ate every single night without fail!!! We LOVED every bite and truly wish we could be enjoying it right now!

We used the gym a couple of times. Plenty of equipment, was in great condition and very clean. The times we used the gym, there was hardly anyone in there so we had our choice of machines. Did not go to any of the gym classes offered this cruise. We did however NEVER used the elevators - walked the stairs which was great exercise in itself!!!

All staff were very nice. I didn't think the activity staff went overboard on being super involved or friendly but they were all okay. Our cabin steward (cabin 7-221) was excellent. We almost always get an inside cabin as it's roomy enough for the two of us and because it's nice and dark, we sleep like babies!!! Our waiter and assistant waiter in the dining room couldn't have been anymore professional or fun. They were fantastic. Everyone at the guest services desk was pleasant and happy to assist.

A little disappointed in the entertainment. Shows were very good. However, we did find a lack of music. The dancing bands seem to have vanished. An extreme amount of karaoke was found in many of the lounges where dancing bands used to be. Also, we feel Carnival went overboard with the amount of comedy shows. Two or three would have been fine throughout the cruise, but one day I think I counted 4 different times to see the comedy act all in one day! My husband and I dance a lot and thank goodness we found LARRY. He plays an electric guitar and plays music that we could dance to. He was great and truly made our cruise quite memorable! Thank you Larry......we enjoyed dancing to your music and we are soooo happy you were on the Pride while we were cruising!!!!

We had fun in the casino. Played a long while with our allotted money throughout the cruise, but of course ended up leaving a substantial "deposit". We did see other people win which was fun!

The Serenity adult area is very nice. A great addition. We didn't really go on any excursions. Just got off at Nassau and Freeport to walk around and buy some souvenirs.

I took advantage of the spa once during the cruise. I had a very sore shoulder when I went to the spa and she really helped worked out my knots and I felt like a new person after the massage!

All in all we had a very nice cruise. Relaxing and tons of fun at the same time. Looking forward to sailing with Carnival again in the near future.

This was our 15th completed cruise with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Verandah 7-221

Cabin 7-221 Inside cabin. Very quiet and peaceful. Plenty of storage space (and I pack a lot) Suitcases fit under the bed. Bed super comfy as well as the pillows. No complaints at all!!