Carnival Glory Cruise Review by iluvtocruise33: 3rd time on the Glory

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

3rd time on the Glory

Sail Date: November 2011

This was my third time on the Carnival Glory. I booked this trip because of the itinerary. I really wanted to go to Grand Turk and Carnival's private island. We were disappointed that we couldn't go to the private island because of the weather.

Embarkation- We are Vip so we were able to get onto the ship pretty quickly without that long of a wait and getting off the ship was also very easy.

Food- The buffet for lunch was just ok. There are plenty of other options to choose from like the burrito bar,deli,fish and chips,burgers so there are plenty of other options. We had anytime dining which we love to do, we don't like the set dining times. The food was great and our server which we were able to get all cruise was Nicoleta and she was superb. We had breakfast in the buffet and that was good.

Ship- The ship is starting to show her age. This is are third cruise and she is just getting older. The ship is very easy to navigate and is still very More colorful.

Shows- The shows were very good. Carnival and Rccl usually don't disappoint with their shows. Some we liked more than other but otherwise were very good. Comedy shows were excellent and very funny.

Casino-Needs to have machines updated they are the same machines that they had three years ago.

Gym- The week we cruised they just got new treadmills, unfortunately there weren't enough of them and we found some weren't working already. You also could not see out the windows at the ocean even though we were in the front of the ship and surrounded by windows. There was a kind of curtain that was there that couldn't be moved. But we did get our workouts in.

Itinerary-We had some rough seas the first two nights so we missed our first port which was Carnival's private island. I have never been there before so I was disappointed.
St. Thomas- We have been here numerous times so we just walked from the boat into town it rained on and off all day at this port.
San Juan- We walked over to Fort Morrow from the boat and toured this fort and had a great time. Views were very good and got to see a lot of iguana's. We were also able to go to the casino at the Sheraton across the street for a little bit. It rained a little bit here also.
Grand Turk- Great weather and great beach to walk to right off the boat. I will definitely come here again.

All and all we had a very good time the weather wasn't that great but out of 23 cruises we have only had bad weather a handful. You can't predict the weather and have to make the best of it. I would probably not go on the glory again since I have been on it three times so I would want to experience another ship. I have never had a bad time on Carnival or RCCl. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>