Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by goswimmin

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by goswimmin
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: goswimmin
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: D1

Bigger is not better
Our party of 5 shared 2 rooms with balconies. We got in at Port Canaveral after spending the night in CoCo Beach.

There was a long line for boarding but it moved along well. Since I was a Gold member we did not have to go through the long winding crowds towards the end and got on quickly.

The ship is really beautiful to see, very clean and well kept. Our rooms were very nice and comfortable. Our room Steward was very attentive and friendly. It was always clean and ready to use.

At dinner the first night a very big storm came up and the entire ship swayed while we ate. Some people did get sea sick at that point and left. The swaying only got worse and sleeping was a little difficult. In the morning when we were supposed to be at CoCo Cay the captain announced we would be skipping that stop as the storm would not let the tenders come to the ship. Very disappointing. We did get to the Virgin Islands 2 days later just in time for a major downpour which cancelled all of the tours. When the storm passed we took a taxi tour and enjoyed ourselves as much as possible on a very grey day. The next day we were at St. Martin and the kids got a snorkel tour and my husband and I took another taxi tour for 3 hours that took in lots of beautiful sightseeing.

The food was plentiful and delicious. In the main dining room the waiter made every effort to please us with the food. We did not like fighting the crowds to eat at the Windjammer. Getting bumped every time we went was irritating. We started going to the main dining room for breakfast which was an improvement on the noise level and the food was super.

The shows were great and I am glad that we made reservations online before we left for the cruise.

One of the highlights of the cruise was Graham Seymore, the cruise director. He started our day with a smile watching his antics on the TV. His performance in his one man show was also excellent.

One night there was a comedian/singer , last name Record, who was fabulous. We should have skipped the Broadway show. Once Upon a Time show was good. I found that the noise level in the theater while waiting for shows to start was unbearable and made me irritable. Not everyone in the audience wants to hear that blasting music for about 15 minutes.

If I take another cruise I will-limit myself to the smaller "Explorer " class of ships that don't have 4,000 passengers on them.

Publication Date: 12/11/11