Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by realgearhead: We Love new ships

1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

We Love new ships

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Celebrity Silhouette
After having taken 25 cruises ,I've learned that cruise ships start showing their age once they get 5 or more years old. The Silhouette is about 4 months old and and absolutely in pristine condition ,fast elevators overlooking the atrium ,diverse entertainment that should satisfy guess's of all ages .
Departing from Bayonne N.J. was painless and we were on the ship within 45 minutes of arriving . Unlike NCL they actually offered you free champagne upon boarding, very nice. [ NCL would pro bally try and get you for 6.00] The shops
on board were pretty good and sold a variety of Items ,with special sales daily . Liquor store will price match ,{makes if easier than dragging 4 or 8 bottles on board from ST Thomas or ST Maarten] Casino has single deck 10.00 Black-Jack table,which is my favorite, most of the cruise ships I've been on use 6 or 7 decks ,plus NCL uses automatic shufflers on some ships,which I despise . Although I unusually don't go to More most of the on board shows ,All most of the comments I heard from other passengers were positive.
Cabins were a little tight ,but adequate. All have flat screen interactive T V ,nice glass enclosed shower ,plenty of hot water,cold refrigerator,usable balcony
Dining experiences on board were mostly very good . Even room service for breakfast ,the food arrived promptly, after a wake-up call, hot and as ordered. We choose the select dining ,so that we could go to the main dining hall anytime between 5.30 and 9.30 , sometimes there was a short wait ,but nothing to complain about . Food in the dining hall was good ,if you had any complaints they bent over backwards to satisfy you . the specialty restaurants were I thought kind of pricey 30.00 to 40.00 per person ,butt they had many 2for1 nights which made them affordable .
Overall I would put this cruise in the top 5 of our 25 cruises and recommend it to friends ,If you read some of my other reviews I don't hold back if I don't like something . I hope Celebrity Keeps up its high standards that this ship had . Realgearhead ,business owner,biker ,telling it like it is Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 9370

Cabin was adequate , nice modern interactive TV, nice enclosed showers,kind of limited draw space .but large storage bins above headboard of bed , nice clean balcony ,excellent noise suppression.