“Floating Nursing Home”

Lollyk Adonia 0 Floating Nursing Home
Lollyk
Member Since 2011
Overall Member Rating
We booked this cruise last minute and got it cheap but if we,d paid full price I would really be annoyed. The ship has clearly been refurbished so the interior was lovely, similar to Azamara Quest. The cabins are as per usual for a balcony cabin but with better than usual outdoor seats. The beds and pillows were very, very firm and this from people with an orthopaedic bed. The bathroom is the usual tiny size (only Silversea has been bigger so far) and the shampoo etc. was good quality. The hair dryer will frizz your hair no matter what but this is normal on ships (I've found). The food - English, bland and often cold or dry. The toast at breakfast (both venues) was cold, brittle and inedible. The rest was dull, steak n kidney pie, fish n chips, mash etc. The one exception was the curry night in the buffet, this was quite acceptable though a tad over salted for me. We took to eating off the ship when possible as the formal dining room wasn't for us and you never knew if or when the buffet was open. Room service was speedy but the choice was limited and a few items cost extra ( chicken & bacon sandwich an extra £1.50) which we didn't mind but we heard others complaining. The trips are cheap but a bit dull. Not sure if this was due to us travelling out of season or due to the "typical" P&O passenger. The wine list was good with the usual cruise ship price mark up. The French champagne was reasonable with Veuve Cliquot at £37 a bottle. The entertainment which is not really our thing was hit n miss. They had a scouser on called Rachel something who sang opera and a few show hits, she was very talented. The resident entertainers made me want to rip my ears off, too loud and too screechy but the old folks seemed to like them. There was also a guy called Jimmy James on one night but we didn't go. The main problem we had was the other passengers. If you like chatting about who's got the lost/worst ailments, swapping stories about grand kids or whinging about everything then you'll love this cruise ship. If however you like nice food, dining as a couple (alone) when and where you like in quiet surroundings then book with some other cruise line. Just to reiterate one thing, the ship is very nice. I have read reviews saying it was scruffy and this definately not the case.
Overall Ratings
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

B085

Port
Bodrum was lovely. A beautiful harbour with lots of cafes and restaurants. The locals were very friendly and the shops were full of genuine fakes as well as some lovely unfake things.
Read 59 Bodrum Reviews
Port
This was our favourite port. Walking the walls was fan-tas-tic and the city inside the walls was so I teresting. A few scruffy kitty's hanging around so I had a good cuddle with as many as possible. I just wish I could have given them a wash and shipped them home with me.
Port
Shopping, shopping, shopping and excellent coffee. A very interesting place to walk round but don't get trapped in a rug shop looking at £11000 carpets.
Read 575 Kusadasi Reviews
Port
We had a good walk around Rhodes and there is lots to look at but the locals were a bit unfriendly which was odd. The visit was spoilt for us by an event which I won't describe as it was quite upsetting.
Read 304 Rhodes Reviews
Port
We found this port a bit sprawling but others on our cruise thought it was the best port of the cruise
Read 240 Split Reviews
Port
It was very cold when we called at this port so we were not fully immersing ourselves but this port was a tad dull.
Read 12 Volos Reviews
Port
Beautiful city. The Sea Water Organ was wonderful and we couldn't stop watching the kaliedascopic pavement lighting- a must see after dark. We arrived on a Sunday so it was quiet but it was pretty
Read 50 Zadar Reviews
Published 12/11/11
Read Cruise Critic’s Adonia Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?