Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Titanic Tom: Pleasantly Surprised

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Bahamas Cruises

Pleasantly Surprised

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I am a man of few words so here is my review.
Embarkation, Flawless. Got there @ 11:00 and they started calling people early. I was on the ship by 12:15 p.m.
Staff: Super Friendly, everyone smiled and said hello. Seemed very genuine with few exceptions.
Food: Are you kidding me. This was my 8Th cruise on various ships and the only way they could have had more food was to put a buffet in the restrooms, perish the thought. Overall quality good to very good. Bread and rolls outstanding, Toast Station, Waffle Station, 3 Omelette Stations, Food hotter than most cruise ships and Chocolate milk always available where as on R/C you have to ask for it. Strongly recommend Tsars Palace, and a late night snack @ Blue Lagoon. Chicken Wings cooked fresh and hot sauce outstanding. Afternoon they have Mozzarella Sticks. Only way I got those on other cruises was at welcome back party. Ate @ Cagney's and would probably go with French Restaurant next time and get the Boneless More Rib eye for 2. Cupcakes available @ no extra charge all day and Ice Cream served not ice milk.
Entertainment: I saw the opening show and it was good. Cruise Director Dan "the man" was great. We were picked for newlywed-not so newly wed game and their method of random picking is great. Very tastefully done.The Magician was terrific and Comedian Stasso was very good. The Stars of the Cruise for my money were Fire and Ice. I believe they are now on vacation but
they literally put on a concert like show every night and at one show, The Tribute to Motown had a conga line going through the atrium.
Debarkation, a breeze as we did walk off.
Overall: Top three cruises for sure maybe even in the top two. First cruise is always hard to top. Best bang for buck ever. Positive far,far outweighed the negatives.
Negatives: Going in I booked the Cruise knowing it was a Nickelodeon Cruise. I felt that being the week after Thanksgiving would limit the children and we like the idea of getting out and back on Saturday as being from Vermont you have to allow for bad weather and give yourself an extra day on return. Lots of Kid's to my dismay. Some better behaved than expected others rude. Big Chinese contingency and best behaved goes to those kids. One night they put on a Concert Piano demo in Tsars Palace @ dinner. Fantastic
Positives, Wow Factor in Effect. Staff Outstanding, Cleanliness was evident, Buffet attendants all over and kept up with cleaning off tables.

Great Cruise. Thanks NCL!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel 8556

I only use my cabin to sleep and spend as little time in it as possible. Biggest Shower of any cruise ship. Because of aforementioned they rest of the facility is tight in the restroom. Room Steward was responsive and excellent at his job Closet as bis as any other cruise ship and quite adequate. Lots of drawer space.

Well done easy off
Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

Getting in was easy as for pick up they don't seem to know where to send you and cater to cabs

We have sailed from there in the past and it is well maintained. We did not get off here