Carnival Magic Cruise Review by ozarksjanet

Member Name: ozarksjanet
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 6M

Nothing Magical about out cruise on the Carnival Magic!
First off, don't ever ask a porter for change for a twenty to carry two bags. The one that approached us just smarted off and walked away. Upon boarding the ship at 2:PM the staterooms were still not ready with embarkation to be at 4:PM. We finally got into our room at six with our luggage still being delivered at ten that night.

The buffet lines were long with the servers not being able to keep up with the demand. The only food bar worth mentioning was the grill on the Lido deck. Even the pizza bar was slow with people waiting six deep to be served 1 slice at a time from one pie ready at a time.

Our state room was not properly cleaned and I ended up cleaning the restroom and shower/tub facilities myself. The room robes were filthy with on having blood inside of it and left hanging in the closet for reuse.The hotel sample s were not refilled at all during the cruise.

The deluxe ocean view was a filthy window that could not be seen out of at all and the plastic light covers that encased the makeup mirrors were cracked and broken.

The only night entertainment on the Lido deck at night were movies from the nineties. My past cruises there was music, dancing and midnight buffets. There was not a single ice sculpture to admire.

The billing was given by interactive TV, kiosks and guest services. Not one time did any of the three have the same amounts/balance. We had no idea what our balance was until three days after the cruise was over and the hold was lifted off of our debit card.

The weather was bad and the Captain did put safety first and we only ported in Cozumel, what lacked in shore excursions was not made up for in onboard activities. They did set up a beanbag game in the Atrium, whoo hoo! A two player game for 3200 guests. After reviewing pictures, videos and memories, I can honestly say that there is nothing that I would return to this ship to re-experience. I will be looking at the other cruiselines for any future cruise that I take. Too bad for Carnival too, I have eight kids who wanted to go with us next time. Cannot even begin to promise that it will be with Carnival.

Publication Date: 12/11/11