Disney Magic Cruise Review by rnstraveler: Truly Magical Experience

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Truly Magical Experience

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our 2nd Disney Cruise was the seven day Eastern Caribbean over Thanksigving. Overall Disney is first rate and really fosters an amazing family experience. Breaking down the cruise in parts:

Service: Absoultely excellent. Tremendous staff - rotating serving team was awesome...they brought out tomatoes for my son every night knowing he really likes them. Loved the towel animals and turndown service. Staff aboard the ship was always very friendly.

Amenities: Plenty to do on the ship during days at sea. Just enought to avoid being bored

Dining: This was the only slight negative. Most food was done well, but a few of the meals were misses. Beware of anything disguised as a seafood bisque.

Room: We had a 2nd deck oceanview...was VERY quiet even though it was in the proximity of tha bars and lounges. The ship creaked a bit at night though, so I'm wondering if that's a second deck thing or maybe the ship is showing a little age.

Ports of More Call: LOVED Magens Bay in St. Thomas. Absolutely gorgeous and relaxing. Beautiful, calm blue water. Orient Bay in St. Martin was fun as well, again it's beautiful, though I could have done without all the peddlers on the beach. Some of our co-travelers spotted beachgoers in shall we say less attire (nude beach not too far away). Fortunately for us, we missed all of that.

Kids Club: First rate - my son really enjoyed it!

Overall, an experience we will treasure. Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck Two 2552

(5)
This was absolutely beautiful...saw it from above at Drake's Seat first, and then went down for over three hours of relaxing, swimming and throwing a ball around with my son. Absolutely calm, gorgeous water. Full service cafe is there for lunch...we didn't eat there but it looked like the food was pretty good. Only negative (keeping us from a 5+) was that our bus was 20 min late picking us up. We didn't need that uncertainty as far as getting back to the ship goes.
Read 1069 Reviews

Liked it a lot, very pretty and the tour group that handled Orient Bay excursion was very good, knowledgable and funny. The bay experience was great as well, complete with free rum punch (note - lots of rum surrounded by a little punch, so it was strong). There is a nude beach not too far from our spot, but I didn't witness anything. Not that I was trying :).