Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jewlfaery

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Our little boat ride to Cozumel:)
This was our first cruise. We had a very good time. We stayed in a cabin on the main deck (not balcony) and for a couple it has plenty of room. The window is big enough to see quite a bit out of, although not a balcony, if you are on a budget it is definitely the way to go. The showers have a detachable type shower head so while they are not roomy, you can get clean. I had thought things would be tight in the room and bathroom but it was fine.

Day one was chaotic for us as we really were not ready for how many activities they have available. We took our handy dandy itinerary sheet and went flying up one elevator and down the next trying to get to all of them. By day two we had decided to circle the things we wanted to do and then head a little more slowly to them. I can not stress how many things there are to do on the ship...you absolutely can't get bored on one of these things even if you try.

We arrived in Cozumel and debarking was a breeze. We were given our tickets the night before for our excursion, and there were tons of "classes" on where to go and what to do on the island. We felt completely at ease and well prepared to go off the boat.

The shows are very nice we saw 3 of the big ones and they remind me somewhat of a Vegas type show. I especially enjoyed the Mardi Gras one for its costumes. We saw some of the other acts on board as well, different singers and one of the comedians...very adult but funny as heck. I laughed so hard I was crying.

Now for the food.....oh my goodness...needed to work out before we left for the cruise!!!! Seriously if its not on there somewhere it's not edible! All free and all tasty. I recommend the strawberry soup in the dinning room, it was fabulous!

We checked our bags to get off the boat so I can't testify to which is better...checking or dragging your own off...it did seem the ones carrying their bags waited in an awfully long line to get off the boat whereas we just went downstairs and were off in a jiff.(we were in zone 24 so we were in our car by 10:30 am....not too bad since the ship started unloading at 8:30. Well that's about it except I would offer one word of caution...Ladies take panty hose if you wear them....you can not find them on the boat believe me I checked...ended up wearing dress slacks to formal night...big bummer as I had a very sexy skirt that did not see the light of day:)

Publication Date: 12/10/11