“I sailed Silver Sea and...”
Cruise review of Silversea Silver Cloud

Cnotela Silver Cloud 2 I sailed Silver Sea and...
Cnotela
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My partner and I have never sailed the oceans before and since our friends in Napa Valley who own a few vineyards asked to go with them, we said yes! They had the same travel taste as we do, so we went all out. First class tickets, 5star hotels, and was hoping for 5star Silver Sea. When we embarked off of Lisbon, Portugal; we were escorted to our room which didn't look like a $20,000 suite. There were markings on the wall, the furniture was worn out, t.v. remotes didn't work, and there was bird poop on our deck. We thought to ourselves, we are with friends so let's hope it isn't that bad. Incident #1 - Pool deck: I ordered a shrimp cocktail and when I took the first bite, it tasted fishy. I asked if the shrimp was fresh from the port and the server told me that he would have to check. When he came back he said no, that everything was frozen. (If I'm paying this amount of money, and the ships go from port to port, shouldn't our seafood would be fresh?) 5 hours go by and I'm beginning to feel very sick (the ocean was smooth sailing at this time) I'm having to go to the bathroom every 10min or less, I kid you not! I finally had to call the doctor and he told me I had "Gastroenteritis". I'm not doctor but that sounds like food poisoning to me, so I asked for Gatorade or anything that had electrolytes... my butler said they do not carry Gatorade! 3 days go by and I'm finally feeling a bit better (after missing 3 ports, guess what... that day is "Day at Sea") LOVELY! All in All - I stayed away from meals and ate fruits and crackers.... oh yeah and tons of liquor to kill whatever was inside of me. The decor of this ship was old and VERY outdated. No one on the ship apologized for anything except my awesome butler who really cared. I got to see 3 ports out of 9 because of bad weather and bad food. Here's where I even get a worse taste in my mouth is the aftermath. Since I am a Centurion Card Member, I contacted my Amex team and told them my experience and they said they would investigate it for us. 2 weeks later I get the response saying that SilverSea is not taking any responsibility and there were no records of me seeing the doctor. I faxed Amex a copy of my doctors bill and SilverSea said that the bill said I didn't get food poisoning and sorry for any inconvenience. I Google'd, "Gastroenteritis" and it comes up as a virus aka food poisoning. SilverSea didn't take the time to answer my 4 letters that I have written them, 2 emails that I sent, and 5 phone calls that I dialed. Last course that im taking (because I don't give up easily) is making a Facebook page, finding other people like me that had a bad experience, contacting this community, and making a web page" Being 29 years old, having a lot of time in my hands, and knows everything about Social networking; you would think a big company like SilverSea would take the time to talk to you. I'm not asking for all my money back, but half back would be nice and a coupon is not acceptable!
Silver Cloud Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

RS602
LOUD LOUD LOUD, old furniture, small bathroom, outdated!
Published 12/10/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Silver Cloud Review
Silver Cloud Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?