Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by atavistic8: Awesome Cruise in Penthouse Suite

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Awesome Cruise in Penthouse Suite

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas

My boyfriend, who has never cruised before, and I went on the NCL Sky for a short 4 night cruise. We wanted to try something small since this was his first time and my 4th cruise. I've been on Carnival, Royal Carribean, and NCL previously. We booked a penthouse suite because the amenities and price seemed worth it to us. Boy were we right! From the moment we entered the port, there was a VIP area waiting for us. They have small food items, as well as, coffee/tea/sodas etc. We didn't have to go to the normal check in lines. Once we finished checking in at the private area, we were whisked away in front of everyone to take our pics and then to Cagney's for lunch. Cagney's is only open for breakfast and lunch for suite guests. This is great because the only other option for the rest of the ship during lunch is the buffet.

Once we got met our Conceirge (Omar) and Butler (Naveen), we started our cruise in good fashion. They left champaign in the room and treats every night. The More room was very large considering the size of most rooms on the cruise. Our room had a large balcony with 2 regular chairs and 2 layout chairs with 2 tables. One day we asked the butler to bring our breakfast from cagneys onto our balcony for us. It was fabulous!!! Our bathroom was also bigger than normal. It had a jacuzzi tub with jets and a glass shower instead of the normal small shower with shower curtain. The sink had granite or corian counter tops. There was a smaller room that had beds similar to bunk beds. I assume this was for kids traveling with you. Other differences I noticed from the normal rooms was the flat screen television, refrigerator with drinks, large mirror over the bed, 3 closets, and plenty of space. Also, suite guests get invited to a special cocktail reception and meet/take pictures with the Captain and other department heads. Drinks were free there!!!

The ports were normal. I had been to the bahamas several times. We did the Atlantis Aquaadventure, which allowed us to use the water park. That was fun. We got to go on the lazy river that turns into rapids at certain parts. That's very fun. When we went to the private island, we could only stay 2 hours due to the sea getting bad. It was nice and they had plenty of seats. It was good for relaxing for those 2 hours.

The food on the ship is very tasty. We ate at Cagneys during their dinner steakhouse menu. That was tasty. However, my boyfriend thought the Italian restaurant was the shocking surprise. That food was delicious. We also ate in Longhorns sports bar. The buffalo wings were good there and it was nice to be able to watch the nfl games on monday and thursday nights.

We went to the gym every morning. There were plenty of machines and they all have televisions attached. My boyfriend took part in a personal training session and they trainer gave him a program to take home with him.

Overall, it was a great cruise. We are ready to book our next suite next year! Freestyle dining is the way to go!! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9202

The room was very large considering the size of most rooms on the cruise. Our room had a large balcony with 2 regular chairs and 2 layout chairs with 2 tables. One day we asked the butler to bring our breakfast from cagneys onto our balcony for us. It was fabulous!!! Our bathroom was also bigger than normal. It had a jacuzzi tub with jets and a glass shower instead of the normal small shower with shower curtain. The sink had granite or corian counter tops. There was a smaller room that had beds similar to bunk beds. I assume this was for kids traveling with you. Other differences I noticed from the normal rooms was the flat screen television, refrigerator with drinks, large mirror over the bed, 3 closets, and plenty of space.