Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by creview2011

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by creview2011
Seven Seas Voyager
Seven Seas Voyager
Member Name: creview2011
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Voyager Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Voyager Deck Plans
Disappointing experience
This was our second experience with Regent. Prior experience was very good, on the Mariner, with great weather and a great crew. Based upon prior experience, we had anticipated being loyal Regent clients for years to come.

This second trip was disappointing. The trip was challenged with bad weather, and political issues in scheduled ending port of Athens, Greece. We clearly do not hold Regent responsible for that. I was however very disappointed in the management response to challenges faced. I have waited for a month+ to post a review for 2 reasons: 1) I have expressed my feelings in writing to Regent, and was awaiting their reply; and 2), I wanted to let the events settle for a while before reacting. With time-passed, Regents reply to my concerns was very weak (a copied form letter), and my feelings have not really changed.

My strong feeling after our return is that once the cruise started having difficulty, the feeling we got as passengers went from Regent's "It's All Included" to "It's all prepaid and Regent will just wait for this trip to be over and the next cruise group to board."

4 scheduled ports were missed due to weather in the last 6 of 10 days. Schedules were changed in the few ports made, but not coordinated with the rest of the ship management. For example, to accommodate a need to leave Kusadasi, Turkey earlier than scheduled in the afternoon, passengers were notified the evening prior that excursion departure times were moved up to just after 7am. But, the restaurants were not scheduled to open until 7am, and thus there was no food service prior to departing. A small thing, but should have been handled better by this claimed level of luxury provider. On another day (Sicily), due to rain, a large number of excursions returned around 1:00. After passengers went to rooms to get dry clothes on, we went to restaurants to find that they were closed at 1:30. Only available option was the pool deck buffet in the rain. Would have seemed simple to extend the restaurant service hours to accommodate.

As port calls were missed, little was done to fill the void. Cruises experience bad weather, that is to be expected; I just would have expected a lot more ability by Regent to handle the experience. We truly got the impression that the on-board management staff was scrambling wondering what to do next.

Food was not as good as we had previously experienced on the Mariner.

I will trust my next cruise experience to another line.

Publication Date: 12/09/11
More Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Voyager review Read the next Seven Seas Voyager review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews