Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by bobby's girl: You get what you pay for!

bobby's girl
Member Since 2006

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

You get what you pay for!

Sail Date: November 2011

We have sailed with Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, Regent, Crystal, Oceans, and Asamara. This was a great deal and we got exactly what we paid for.
We drove to the port from across the state planning to arrive around 1:00 P.M. as requested. We were in a traffic line to the port for 1 hour, bumper to bumper and then finally arrived in one of several lines to give our luggage to the staff. It was raining and the lugguge was placed in uncovered luggage carriers outside and there were many. The men went to park the car and the lots were full. A parking garage attendant moved some orange cones to allow him to park. That was the 1st and last nice thing to happen all day. We, me, my daughter in law, and granddaughter waited under a roof top with the rain and wind blowing at us until the men finally caught a shuttle. It took them one hour to go park and shuttle back. To enter the building required going through security and we had all the paper work the guys would need to More clear security. Caution here, there is no accessable rest room until you are through security. We were in line for quite awhile although the person who checked us in was pleasant but had to go clear across the big hall to get our keys.
Arriving in our stateroom, we took a look around. No note about steward and no one around. Left a note on the bathroom mirror to clean the glass shelves and left for something to eat. Later the note was gone but the rings were still there. I cleaned them in order to put my stuff away. Room had an odor and I asked them to deal with it. They agreed and said they would take care of it. It was a moldy, mildewy smell with bathroom odor as well. Bring your fabreze. It never went away. On the balcony you smelled smoke as they allow it. In fact all the bars smell smoky and the Irish bar is the worse. It smells up the halls. They even smoke in the casino. UGH!
Buffets have normal food for buffets and it really isn't very good although in the evening they seem to have the same food that is served in the Dining Room.
Our table partners were great and Raoul and Jesus took good care of us. They were the only bright spot on service with the exception of dinner in "Chops". Too bad it costs $30.00 each to eat there plus the wine. We left an additional good tip because the service was spectacular.
Food in the dining room was like any banquet you have to go to. Lots of beige things and mystery items. They really could use some imagination.
It seems this crew needs training on simple courtesy. They run into you, cut you off, walk in front of you and never say excuse me, please or thank you. They are borderline rude in some cases.
The comedian was funny and we watched the show in the room on the television.
We loved the ice show especially the lady with the hula hoops. I think I saw her on "America's got Talent"
We had fun because we are a family and the one ship excursion we took in Jamaica was super. We climbed Dunn River Falls and then went to the Dolphin Encounter. There is nothing like being in the water with a dolphin and she even gave us all a ride.
As I said, this was a great deal and we got exactly what we paid for. Would I go again at this price, probably but not at their regular prices. There are better options. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6578

Smoky on the balcony and odor in the room and bathroom.