Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by livingdalife2009

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by livingdalife2009
Carnival Sensation
Entertainment Not Rated
        3-6 5+
Service Not Rated

Carnival Sensation Has Gone Down Hill
Let me start by saying that I had an awesome time on this trip. Not because the ship was so fantastic but because of the people I went with. I traveled with my fiance and daughter (5yrs old). This is my 2nd time on the ship. The first was June 2007 and they have really gone down hill. The vacation was truly what WE MADE it, just like life. I will sail Carnival again but will try a newer ship. If that is no better I will go back to RCCL.

BAD

**The food was HORRIBLE everywhere. Except for the lobster, prime rib, shrimp, fries, hamburger, hot dogs, and salsa. I was very dissapointed with the food options. Everytime I ate my stomach screamed, "What are you doing to me?!"

**The water was very choppy. Carnival could not control the time of year and from my understanding that's how the seas are in this part of the world in December so I won't harp on it. Just know that if you are sensitive to motion don't go during Nov/Dec or take dramamine. My fiance was sick the 1st night and I was very light headed.

**The ship felt like a freezer. It was bone cold in our cabin. We turned off the vent and it still took forever for it to warm up. Some parts of the ship were cold and some were blazing hot.

**There was a mechanical/electrical problem that affected our speed so we arrived at the Bahamas 2 hrs late. We didn't have any excursions booked thank God.

** The 8x10 were $21/each and the 5X7 $10/each (but worth it)

**Slot machines were very tight.

**They would not send limes to our room through room service, only lemons.

GOOD

**Security/luggage screening was lax. We were able to get things on that Carnival should have confiscated :)

**Camp Carnival was AWESOME. My daughter did not want to leave. We only saw her at meal time and that's the way she wanted it.

**The photos were very nice. The quality was excellent. I like how they put boarders around them with the name of your dining room/ship.

**We won almost $200 in the Casino the 2nd night. We were sure not to get suckered into trying to win more on the last night because we saw A LOT of people losing.

Overall the trip was good but I was ready to go home and get back to my friends/family.

Publication Date: 12/09/11