Crown Princess Cruise Review by sweetcupcakegrl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crown Princess Cruise Review by sweetcupcakegrl
Crown Princess
Crown Princess
Member Name: sweetcupcakegrl
Cruise Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: JJ
Cabin Number: b420
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

My 60th Birthday On the Crown Princess
We were quite disappointed in this cruise ship, although we did make the best of it, since we spent a lot of money to this and I wanted to celebrate my 60Th birthday with my honey.

I thought that this ship would have been better than carnival or the other ships we have done, since we traveled well over 50 ships. We travel every 4 months on cruises, since we both work for ourselves and we do a lot of traveling, this will be my last ship with Princess. This did not meet my expectations nor did the food.

The first thing I saw that the shows were nothing like Royal Caribbean, they were below my expectations. Also the food was so so, cool most of the time and since there was a lot of people we had anytime dining which is the only thing I enjoyed and the the night before the cruise we went to Embassy Suites hotel and had a glorious evening there with Free Drinks that did not cost us a dime.

Another disappointment was the coffee club who pays 29.00 for freshly brewed coffee, no more fruit punch and lemonade for free only coffee that was not brewed was free... everything else unless you go up to lido deck which closes at 12 midnight, then you have to pay for coffee 1.75 in a paper cup at the 5Th floor international cafe...

Not in RC.. they give you all the coffee, hot tea, fruit punch you can drink, its all free.

Unlike the professional actors and acts,. they were nothing like the RC.

where did they get those two comedians Albert and Seymour, if you google them on the net and try to find them you can not, they are not known so who were these funny men? the cruise director was a joke. He was not a funny man and why do they shut the bars down at 11:30, is everyone dead at this time. Oh I forgot 80% of the cruise ship is over 80 yrs old... they are closing shop at 9 pm... its bedtime.

and also all the smokers in the casino.. Gatsby.. was nearly stinky enough to give you asthma unless you have it like me. I could not play my 5.00 slots, so I did not win.

and another pet peeve I had was nasty smelling toilets. I am not thinking that these places are supposed to smell like Roses either but at least clean them with bleach... overflowing with sewer water and talk about the food... Every cake and dessert tastes the same do they not use sugar and flavorings?

What I can not understand is this, why don't they cater more to the people our own age. I am a young 60 yr old, not old at all, but my kids tell me mom, you need to look like a sixty yr old, but I look like a 29 yr old, and I am happy, outgoing and do not look my age, or act like an older person. I keep myself young. I could not understand why they wanted to over charge the public for the photos, in rccl they were 20.00 each, here they were 39.00 each. Every where we went someone wanted to sell me somthing. and those Art Shows are the biggest farce... Never buy from them, the picture or oils are nice but the shipping is 300.00 for the print... some of them you can buy on posters dot com and for hell of a less.

Also... Diamonds international, stop sending people to this place who rip people off of good stones, their stones are not the greatest they buy cheap emeralds, diamonds and rubies, sapphires and tell you they are good, I know I am the jeweler I know the difference, Not to buy there buy at home you will get a big discount at home not here.( you may get a stone it may be a zircona and never know unless you view by a trained eye or a scope and a reputable dealer back home)

Where was all the entertainment for 50 and over... not as good as Rccl... I heard that this ship went down with the dogs. It sure has...

Lower the prices for drinks, no one wants to pay for soda for 8.60 plus 1.15 tip.. that to me is a rip off.

Bring famous shows on board, and famous comedians, not like those to LA guys who may have been to prison and tell it like it is. and to embarrass the elderly for being late for their show.

also where was all the photographers for the formal nights, only 4 photographers were there for the formal nights, no pictures sorry soon was my dinner and it was getting close to 10 pm... soon no more food.

The pools were so so... who wants to run for a chair you got to get up early to claim one or your SOL.

but the weather was so so, hot humid, and the rocking and the rolling on the ship was just too much for my tummy... Princess can not avoid this, its not her fault its time to take ginger tablets and eat green apples and try to sleep it off..

THE BEST PART WAS THE ATLANTIS SUBMARINE TO SEE THE FISHIES..

well, this is my spiel if you want more email me I love to tell you the rest

Never again with Princess, I guess I wanted to be treated with class and I did not get it here... Unless they can really change my mind then I will go back, for right now, they lost my 2000.00

Publication Date: 12/08/11