Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Ms Sully

Member Name: Ms Sully
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Thanksgiving Cruise

Nov 20-27, 2011

We arrived Nov 19th. Stayed at the Hilton right next to port.

Very nice hotel!!!'

A word to travelers. Walk to the ship if you are staying at the Hilton or Harrah's. You will be nerves & money ahead. We were advised to do that but took a taxi instead.

With the taxi after 30 or so minutes, driver let us out on the road & we walked anyway. No lanes for Taxi's or limos. VIP is not much advantage here at New Orleans. Very long lines. Very dis- organized. From what I was told this is normal here. Ship left 1 & 1/2 hours late. But it did not matter. We were on the ship.

Food- poor quality & poor selection. Steak house is excellent! Service in dining area was great. Had a wonderfful lady from Africa. Her name is Marion.

The matre d was very nice & was the best one besides Ken on the Magic. His name is Elvis, really!

Ken was on another ship when we

Met him first. He is known as the singing matre d.

Room- balcony room 8364. Never hardly saw our steward .

But he did everything just fine.

Our room was just below lido deck. Quiet noisy. Beds are worse than I ever remember. You can ask for a quilted mattress topper. Does not help a lot. I suffer with Lupus so need all the extra comfort I can get.

Entertainment- went to a magic show. It was good. Others looked like musicals so passed. Was very tired after late dinner so went to bed afterwards.

Excursions-.did a plantation with over 100 types of pineapple. Yum!

I love Jamaica. This was our 3rd time there.

Did not get off in Grand Caymen. It is expensive & once you have been to the sights need not do it again. You can take a cab & see the whole island . The sting rays we did several years ago . Would recommend this excursion. 7 mile beach was a disappointment. Be sure to visit hell at the end of the island. There is a Margertville there that serves up great hot wings.

Cozumel was next. We like that port. Alot of places to go & see. Nice tucked away beaches that are a $10 cab fare away. We go to Mr . Sancho's about 6 miles from the dock. Passion island is good, as is the speed boat ride to get there.

Days at sea were relaxing. Casino won as it usually does. Monte Carlo dollar machines were very good. Spa was ok. Had a massage. Booked an appt with the acupuncture Dr. Got there on time for the appt. They said sorry they had scheduled it wrong as he was also giving a seminar at that time. She wanted me to book later bur I had other plans. Then she pulls this" there is a 24 hour cancelation policy & she was going to charge me when she was at fault. I said "I don't think so".

So be careful & don't let them do that to you. She did not charge me but would have if I had not known better.

I would do Conquest again. It is easy to get around on & a nice older ship. New Orleans is a horrible port, but lovely city from what we saw.

Debarkation was ok. None eventful. Was off by 8 am. Spent the night at Harrahs. Again super place & good machines. Went to the WW2 Museum. 4,blocks from the hotel. A must visit. I will go back & spend more time in New Orleans to do some sight seeing.

The next day got on a flight & was back in Texas by 5pm.

Next cruise is Jan 20th out of Miami on the Norwegian Epic.

Happy Cruising. It is all good!

Publication Date: 12/07/11