Carnival Magic 3

“And the excitement during embarkment.....”
Cruise review of Carnival Magic

rocketfan05
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

did not last!

First, let me say that the ship is really nice. It's modern and was extremely clean. The staff was awesome and the food and drinks were pretty good. The rooms were nice too. Red Frog pub was a great spot.

We were late getting to Jamaica by 2 or 3 hours and missed Grand Cayman completely due to high winds. I don't blame carnival for weather but other ships were tendering in Grand Cayman which seemed strange since we couldn't.

The only real complaint that I have is in regards to the number of people that carnival crammed on the ship. Nearly everything we did required standing in really long lines that moved slowly. The staff could not handle the amount of people on board and I actually felt bad for them. I talked to some of the bartenders set to leave the ship in December and they said that they would not be returning to the Magic because the ship is overcrowded. Pretty sad that even the staff notices.

I have only been on large ships. The More smallest ship I have been on is Voyager of the Seas and I can say that I never felt crowded on any other ship.

I was looking forward to my first cruise with carnival, especially on the magic. I will say now that I have no intentions on ever going with carnival again. They are more worried about staterooms being crammed in than the quality of vacation that their guests receive. Less

Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4H

I think that Galveston is great to cruise from. I have never been to any other ports though.

Published 12/07/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review

Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?