Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by safetynet: Epic Relaxation Cruise

1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Epic Relaxation Cruise

Sail Date: November 2011

Wife and I did our cruise from Nov 26 - Dec 3. We had a great time overall. We took the taxi from MIA to Port Miami terminal savings us about $28 bucks from the ship sponsor transfers on roundtrip. No issue with taxies. There was plenty of taxies at the port when we return as well. From now on we will use a taxies.

The Epic is like the third largest cruise ship in the world. The ship absolute had the best entertainment than any other ship we have ever been on , Blueman group was just outstanding. Second City will make you laugh! The Murder Mystery dinner was a blast which was perform by the Second City Group. Cirque Dreams was unique and very funny. Fat Cats Blues, Dueling Piano both were good music listening nights for us.

In the Atrium mid-ship each night their was piano playing and singing which we enjoy. Movies as well were played on a big 2-story screen each night and during the day. The atrium screen also displayed a windows screen saver type short movie as well More which added to the singing at night. Some of our dislikes were the fact to get to the deck 5 you had to stop at deck 6 in mid-ship get off the elevator and walk down an escalator to get to deck 5, it was like they made it so that you had to walk through the casino to get to deck 5. I did not like this as the smoke was cigarette smoke was so bad. I walk through the casino to watch the card tables as people were playing , there was this girl card dealer coughing from all the smoke, not sure why NCL would exposed their people to such terrible conditions. If we could get more people to complain about it maybe the cruise lines would ban smoking all together and catch up with the times. Just a small note to any out there I complain to NCL from a pass cruise from the NCL Peal in 2009 and they sent me a letter for a $100 credit to use on a future cruise of course I use it on the Epic.
I did not think the White Hot Party in Spice H2O was all that hot. We had to wait before it got started about 20 minutes for a TV crew to finish filming group of hotties in the hot tub. The cruise line let us know that a TV crew was on board doing filming throughout the ship which was distracting at times. The Spice H2O was at the back of the ship you had to be 18 and older to get in this area which was a good idea.

We did not use the pools or hot tubes we did go down the water slides and it was fun. Outside deck 15 you cannot walk around the ship from the outside cabins like so many other cruise ships only on one side of deck 6 was there a jogging deck only from one end to the other.

We had good weather on the cruise. The ship on Sunday and Monday night rode a bit rough to me . Per those that know about these big boats the ship had stabilizers out the kind of made it bump bump a good bit, its not like other ships we have been on were you might sway back and forth some it was more like a hard small punch to the right and to the left, after Monday the boat rode pretty steady during the remainder of the trip. If you are the sea sick type you will be ok with this boat. I myself do get sea sick on smaller boats, and we only book ships over the 90,000 tons types. They tend to be more stable.

The food was kind of OK, we have had better on other cruise ships, we liked the Teppanyaki , there is a sur-charge pp of $25 for this restaurant. We also ate one night in the Cagney Steakhouse which was good sur-charge pp of $25 . The no charge Garden Cafe on deck 15 was good we ate here each morning for breakfast and a few other time at lunch and dinner. Love the ice cream bar, real ice cream too with many flavors. We are not soft ice cream types but they did have about four machines on deck 15 that were soft ice cream.

In summary do take the crusie and enjoy this big ship, all ships have pros and cons, I do alot of research before we plan a crusie and use crusiecrtics to base our next crusie ship, I depend upon the reviews. I hope this helps you on the Epic. I would not do the Epic again, we like to try all the big ships to much. Have a fun time on your future crusie. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 13 10188

We had cabin 10188 Balcony CC. Like the shower and bath. Did not like the bed at all, feet hang off bed, did like the technology with flat screen tv showing your accounts and ship activities planned and such. Did not like the small led lights on each side of the bed that you could not turn off, the light had a glow on them on the buttom, these likes were for reading in the bed. I am use to a dark room, the phone as well stayed lite up and we placed a towel on it each night to kll the light.

(5)
St Thomas we did the Best of St Thomas thought the cruise line. Excellent tour!
Read 1069 Reviews

In Nassau we did the Segway Experience it was fun activity.
Read 2663 Nassau Reviews

St. Marten we did a non sponsor tour through Bernard Tours. This was an island tour by van. I got a bit aggravated that we did not start on time at 9:00 AM we waited some 20 minutes for others to show up. However, this tour did live up to my expectations from others reviews we read about. We made a big circle around the island into the Dutch and French sides. The night before the island had a big rain and some flooding was exhibited in low lying areas for the streets, at times thought the engine might flood out sue to the high water we went through. St Martin is not the cleanness island of other island we have been to, these people could do more to clean up the place. Bernard tours took us to the famous Orient Beach on the French side , WARNING this is a nude beach...I am a guy so my first thoughts is eye candy here, yea long way from that! mostly old people..lol..wife and I walked down that beach everyone must have been in there 70's. It was plain nasty! lol...I could not stop laughing as to why people with those types of bodies would have them on display to all to see. We also made several stops at overlooks and got great pictures.