Independence of the Seas 5

“What a wonderful experience”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

Lynn
Member Since 2000
4 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Parking in Southampton was easy, and boarding the Ship was far easier than last year. Our rooms were not ready when we boarded, so we were advised we could go and watch a film, go to windjammers or head to a bar. We decided to go to the bar and purchase a drinks package, at $39 for my partner and $49 for me. This I feel is quite reasonable. We are not very big drinkers however it was best knowing exactly what we were spending.

My time dining in the King Lear was fantastic, we had two wonderful waiters Rohinton (Rocky) and Caiton. These guys are a credit to the Royal Caribbean. Nothing was too much trouble, the service was first class and as you would expect there was a wide range of selection for meals.

We visited many bars whilst on board, and tended to visit the Vintage Bar on most occasions. The staff (Claire, Christine and Christopher) were free friendly and ran their bar well. Six of us tended to meet up there most nights and the staff remembered our names More and our drinks order without having to be reminded.

Our stateroom was kept clean by our stateroom attendant Leo, however this was not to the standard of our stateroom last year. Often it looked as if he had rushed around and not paid too much attention to detail.

I was disgusted by some of the passengers in the way they spoke to the staff and to fellow passengers. Some can be described as nothing but snobs - its such a shame how judgmental people can be. I pity them for their outlook on life and that they feel they should constantly complain about the most trivial things.

Trying to get our cases in Southampton was not the best experience as it was havoc. This does need to be improved, as it took over 15 mins to locate our luggage. Less

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS1670
Cabin was fine, plenty of space for the two of us. The bed tended to slope on oneside and that is my only complaint

Again when on a coach trip which was lovely, with plenty to see and do
Read 1306 Barcelona Reviews

Plenty to see and do.

Very little to do and see in Lisbon. Not the easies of ports to get your coaches from either
Read 496 Lisbon Reviews

Lovely for a day trip
Read 946 Naples Reviews

When on a coach trip, and saw the bull ring. Not impressed with Palma

Enough for one day, but wouldnt want to stay any longer.

Great for a day trip
Read 170 Sardinia Reviews

Wonderful place, would like to go back for a long stay next time

Published 12/05/11

Helpful? Thank Lynn
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?