Disney Dream Cruise Review by fusiongirl: Loved the Dream

Loved the Dream

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

4 day disney dream was a wonderful experience for my family.
Checking in
There are u lines.. Us and Non US residents. Virtually a very short line for non us travellers.

Palo:
Palo was AMAZING. The portobello mushroom appetizer was very delicious. The Osso Buco was tender and mouth watery delicious. The chocolate souffle was perfectly done. Our daugther really enjoyed her time in the nursery. She even lucked out having an one on one chat with snow white. On our last night of the cruise and nursery even surprised her and us with a picture of her w snow white. She truly melted and loved the picture.

Oceaneer Club/ Lab
My 5 year old loved going to the oceaneer club and lab. My daughter especially loved the character greeting and going to the nursery.
We were very lucky that our cruise was picked to type trial a new programming schedule where Disney introduced secured kids programming and open house in the oceaneer club/lab. Basically, One section More would be secured programming and the other would be open family time. This worked out really well because it allowed our daughter to spend time with her brother and with us exploring the lab or club. She was able to do crafts, attend activities... etc. It was AWESOME! On the last night, there was no open house and my daughter wasn't able to enjoy the club or lab. We are truly thankful that there was open house on our ship the other 3 days and truly believe that the open family houses should be kept. My daughter would not have been able to enjoy the cruise so much if it wasn't for the open time.

Food
We were a bit disappointed that there weren't much juice options available on the lido deck. We don't drink pop however there were pop, lemonade or hi c fruit punch, milk, coffee and tea.

Animator's palate
Great restaurant and entertainment!

Royal Palace
Suggestion? Perhaps have the princess or prince wander about during dinner.?? Creme Brulee and filet mignon ... yumyum.. rack of lamb was good as well.

Castaway Island.. The apple salade and ribs were outstanding! Also enjoyed the rice as well. Lots of selection.

We had a stateroom on the starboard side and definitely it gave us beautiful views of Castaway Island.

Character greets.

mickey, minnie, goofy, daisy, donald, lilo, stitch, ariel, snow white, cinderella, belle, tatiana, tinkerbell (2 appearances), chip n dale,

We think there should have been more boy characters ie buzz, woody from toystory,

Overall, I was very impressed with the Disney Dream. The staff is very friendly. Every time you walk by someone they would greet you and smile..or even strike up some type of conversation. The cleanliness of the ship was excellent. There is always staff cleaning... washrooms, floors.. staff are always handing out antiseptic wipes as well. All the puble washrooms were clean and spotless throughout my entire trip. My stateroom was also maintained efficiently and clean throughout my stay. Great selection of free disney movies on the flat screen. Loved that the tv could swivel left right, in and outwards. Loved that there was a curtain that could divide the queen bed and the other 2 beds. Loved the washrooms! 1 room for the tub and sink. 1 room for toilet and sink!

I would definitely go on the disney dream again and hopefully soon! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 9