Best Cruise we have been on to date..... about the same as Holland America but more things to do on RCI.
People complain a lot about cruises, but I think after talking to Staff, a lot of customers are Demanding, Self Centered, Selfish, Rude, Ignorant, High Maintenance, and Cheap.... Little or No TIP.
We had a FREE Shuttle from our Hotel in Newark to the Dock, right on time.
Boarding was typical for US,... Shuttles, Lines, Security and some waiting time but overall Efficient. What do you expect with 3500 people trying to get on the same Boat. I didnt have all Documents with me and the Boarding Agent was Patient, Kind and very friendly. THAT set the tone for our Cruise.
Went to the Buffet and had a great lunch, lots of variety, could have called it supper with both Hot and Cold Foods being served.
Staff encourage you to Sanitize your hands at stations before entering Dining areas...... some people ignore and walk right by. They might be the ones that get sick and complain.
Always get Good Pictures.
Staff are helpful, seem happy and eager to help.
We loved the Evening Shows, Ice Shows, Hot tubs, Health Spa, Promenade, Dining, Windjammer Cafe, Shore Excursions Including... Wave Runners on Labadee, Best of Antigua tour, Train Tour on St. Kitts and Wife had a nice Massage on Board Ship.
ALL food was excellent, I dont know how people complain about food, maybe they need to try another form of travel. We did sit with some people who picked things apart and bragged about getting extra service and apologies for things that are not the fault of the cruise line.
Room Attendants are always great we find and keep rooms tidy and ready.
Promenade always has Coffee Shop open for snacks and drinks, you never go hungry.
THINGS TO IMPROVE ?
You can always find fault if you look hard enough, there's 3500 people on board with 1200 Staff, somebody has to wait at some point. Many Nationalities, Customs and Languages on board. You need patience and understanding..... Relax, its supposed to be a Holiday. Even I got a little anxious in some of the lineups.
Things That DID Bug me but not unusual with large groups:
- People that dont respect Line ups or Queues and simply butt in or go to the head of the line and pretend they dont get it.
- Coffee and tea at the Windjammer Beverage stations. Area is a one way dead end where there is room for one person at a time to get drinks. Waiters are in the way a lot and also will butt ahead of you to get drinks for people who are too lazy to get their own drinks. Thought it was BUFFET style.. serve yourself !!!
- Movie Theatre seats were a fun time. Its a chess game to get a good view of the screen. Room is not sloped enough and as people come in later and sit in front of you, you have to move and/or block someone else..... it actually became funny and a game with people trying for a better view or mumbling and leaving. Movies were good.
- Went to a 'Secrets to Tummy Flattening' seminar to maybe learn an exercize I wasnt aware of. Was told there were no exercises but a DETOX test costing $37 and detoxing sessions costing $500 - $700 is the ticket. Wife didnt bother going to the Puffy Eyes and circles seminar as we agreed that too would cost Hundreds to fix.
- Some people dont like to share the Elevators and will butt in front of you knowing full well you were there first and waiting longer.
- People who put towels on lounge chairs near the pool and never come back.
- Same people always trying to save multiple seats at Theatre and ice rink even though its not supposed to be allowed.