Seabourn Legend Cruise Review by Diane: Seabourn Legend - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Seabourn Legend Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Seabourn Legend - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2003
Embarkation: St. Thomas

I can't say enough about Seabourn. It is definitely the BEST. I cannot say it better than what the professional critics write.

Service is unbelievable. After embarking, we were given champagne while getting our ID cards, etc. There was a bottle of champagne waiting in our suite, which was replenished daily. And when we disembarked, the captain was standing at the bottom of the stairs to thank everyone for sailing with Seabourn and to shake their hand.

Everyone knows your name after one day.

We dined with an officer each night: the captain one night, entertainment director another, ship's doctor, etc. The captain invited us to the bridge as we were leaving one port and even let me blow the ship's whistle.

Had a beach barbeque one day with grilled shrimp, lobster, etc. All served on china, good tableware and glasses -- no paper plates or plastic cups! They even served caviar. We also had caviar and champagne every night at cocktail hour. More

At an outdoor party one night I walked over to the bar to get a glass of champagne. A white-gloved waiter appeared behind me and took the glass from me to carry to my table.

Since the vessel is small, entertainment is limited and unlike the large cruise lines. However, it was very entertaining and we even saw Elvis one night!

Both Seabourn and Cunard are owned by Carnival Corp. But comparing Seabourn to the new QM2 (which I just returned from) is like comparing a Rolls Royce (Seabourn) to a Chevy (QM2), although the Queen is magnificent decor-wise.

Would I take another Seabourn cruise? Definitely! (hopefully next year) Less