Emerald Princess Cruise Review by vacationgal22: Emerald Princess

Overall Member Rating

Emerald Princess

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The ship is nice and similar in style to all ships of that caliber. I found no difference between Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, Royal Caribbean.

The nice thing about the Emerald is the closets and cabin storage areas are really large. On prior sailings, it's been difficult to store personal belongings.

The ship was not always clean. Often times there was rubbish on the floor and in the elevators. Perhaps they did not have enough housekeeping staff roaming the ship.

The wait staff in all the food outlets were better that excellent. We experienced almost all the outlets throughout the cruise and found their attention to details and to customer satisfaction superior. The food was average, but on par with other ships of that caliber. There was nothing special about the cuisine except in the specialty restaurants, where there is a surcharge.

The entertainment was nothing special. They had one variety act that was a juggling duo and they More belonged at kid's birthday party. They were not deserving of the Princess main stage. The Beatle Maniacs also performed twice on our cruise and they were the highlight of the entertainment. Of course, I am a great Beatle Fan! The review shows were average. The singers and dancers were not always in sync, many missed a step and they did not look sharp.

I feel we received good value and I was not disappointed but I am not raving either. The vacation was relaxing and after a hectic work cycle the R & R was just what my husband and I were hoping for.

Princess is run-of-the-mill for experienced cruisers as is all the other lines on that level. We have cruised on the more luxury lines (Crystal, Uniworld and Windstar) where you really have an experience to remember in all ways.

Happy sailing! Less

Read 1037 Antigua Reviews

Dirty downtown.
Read 999 Barbados Reviews

Just ok.

Extremely over priced. The excursion cost is $119 per person and it was outrageous. The scenerey was lovely and the staff delightful. They served rum punch and a sugar cookie and there was a roaming team of singers. They tried very hard to please the guests, but there was little to offer except the views. The train ride became tedious after the first hour. It was really over priced. We expected much for the money.

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2011
2 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X