Westerdam Cruise Review by cajunbeat: UGH

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Westerdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

UGH

Sail Date: November 2011

My first HAL trip and probably my last.
Apparently the ship had experienced a virus outbreak during the previous sailing and we were not able to serve ourselves in the Lido for 4 days. No salt/pepper on the tables, no condiments available for you to pick up. Seating was very hard to come by on most days in the Lido also. We were not able to check a book out of the library until Thursday also due to the virus scare. (You could get the clerk to get you a book but you couldn't see the titles because of a large metal screen pulled down over the books.)

THE GOOD. The bed was wonderful. The bathroom was larger than most and had a tub. The staff was just great. I was always greeted by each crew member no matter their position. The production shows were good.

THE BAD. See information above. The food was the worst I have had on any cruise. The filet was very chewey and I didn't finish it. Never had a tough filet before. It was surf and turf night and only had More one prawn on top of the filet. My travel mate found a paper tag in her stir fry one night. You would think being a Dutch company they would have wonderful desserts. Not so. They did have a chocolate extravaganza at 10:30pm but who wants to eat chocolate that late? I would prefer to have it with my meals. The lobster bisque was so "fishy" I couldn't eat it. Not enough entertainment on sea days. There was only one speaker and she talked mostly about the ports. The excursion desk didn't seem to know much about their product. I asked a question about the stingray swim. I was told they didn't know but would send an email and get back with me. Never did. I took the excursion any way and was very disappointed that it wasn't what was described. In total it was a very disappointing trip. It was a check and see cruise as I was wanting to book the Amazon trip next year but I don't think I would stay on a HAL ship for 25 days. Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>