Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by queeny12: Summit needs updating badly!

queeny12
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Canada & New England Cruises

Summit needs updating badly!

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

What a disappointment! The "Royal Suite" was in such sad shape, I could not believe that Celebrity Cruise Line would allow anyone to occupy that type of cabin. I took photos of the areas because I think that nobody would believe me. The carpeting had mold, the window drapes had mold and warm spots, the arms of one of the chairs was so dirty, I would not even sit in it, and I had them change my pillows because they smelled like body odor. We had a whirlpool bathtub, and on the last day of the cruise, I developed a rash on my arm. My dermatologist told me that it probably was from the whirlpool and that it was most likely because it was dirty.

Too bad, because we sail at least 3 times a year, and this was our first time with Celebrity. Never again! I even asked other passengers if their cabins were in bad shape, and they all agreed with me.

On the positive side, the crew members were wonderful, especially our butler. They really tried hard to please everyone. More Without them, the cruise would have been a total disaster.

We heard that the Summit was going to be refurbished after our cruise, but in my opinion, the ship never should have been allowed to have passengers board in the condition our cabin was in. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Royal Suite Penthouse Deck (6) 6137

Very large main dining/living room, small bedroom, and lots and lots of closet space. Cannot believe the condition the furnishings were in. All dirty and mold on carpeting and drapes. Very disappointing.

The employees were very helpful and friendly. They tried their best to get everyone in and out as soon as possible. They did an excellent job!