Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by queeny12

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: queeny12
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Summit needs updating badly!
What a disappointment! The "Royal Suite" was in such sad shape, I could not believe that Celebrity Cruise Line would allow anyone to occupy that type of cabin. I took photos of the areas because I think that nobody would believe me. The carpeting had mold, the window drapes had mold and warm spots, the arms of one of the chairs was so dirty, I would not even sit in it, and I had them change my pillows because they smelled like body odor. We had a whirlpool bathtub, and on the last day of the cruise, I developed a rash on my arm. My dermatologist told me that it probably was from the whirlpool and that it was most likely because it was dirty.

Too bad, because we sail at least 3 times a year, and this was our first time with Celebrity. Never again! I even asked other passengers if their cabins were in bad shape, and they all agreed with me.

On the positive side, the crew members were wonderful, especially our butler. They really tried hard to please everyone. Without them, the cruise would have been a total disaster.

We heard that the Summit was going to be refurbished after our cruise, but in my opinion, the ship never should have been allowed to have passengers board in the condition our cabin was in.

Publication Date: 12/04/11