Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Michelle19

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: C753
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Sapphire.. Thanksgiving
This was our first cruise on Sapphire. We decided to bring our 2 teenagers who by the way made lots of friends and we saw them a total of 3 meals during the whole week. They loved it. Hubby and I were just a little disappointed. We have been on Princess a few times. We had a great room, C753. I for one always wanted to see what all the fuss was. FABULOUS! I have never spent so much time on my balcony on a cruise in my life! Loved it Loved it!. Hubby however, wasnt as impressed. He thought it was very noisy from the wake and a couple of nights the teen center could be heard playing very loud music. (didnt bother me one tiny bit.. but just to be fair..)

Now the itinerary got changed on us so we only saw Ensenda and Cabo.. disappointing but we didnt want to upset the kids.

I love Princess and we will sail again, but this cruise had kinda really bad food. The buffet was inedible all 5 days.. (we stopped going). MDR had smelly fish, old crab which you couldnt crack, only bend. Not sure what happened here.. Never had a waiter tell us, "Oh dont order that, its not fresh".. On Thanksgiving i ordered Halibut. So fishy and tough I had to pass. Last evening they had Prime Rib which was awesome..

Sapphire only had 2 shows on this trip.. a comedian who was not funny and a magician who was mediocre at best.. The other couple shows were just the crew mocking other shows. Disappointed in that!! The movies shown in the Princess theatre was Bridesmaids for 3 days! The crew was pretty good, not overly warm and fuzzy like on our trip on Golden in May.. We were scratching our head a lot saying, "did that just happen?" or "did they just say that outloud?" I was kinda happy when it was over and believe me I have NEVER hoped a cruise would end... Maybe going into Dry Dock is exactly what she needs..

Publication Date: 12/04/11