Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by kaz11

Member Name: kaz11
Cruise Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

Awesome!
This cruise was simply the best! When I read poor reviews on this ship I don't understand where they are coming from. The service, the food and the mixed drinks were all superb! This ship is huge and it can fit a lot of people, so I was worried that it would feel crowded, but my husband and I had no trouble finding quiet spots on the ship. We went over Thanksgiving and there was 1700 kids on the ship, but we hardly noticed. There are so many adult places to go, you would not even know there was that many kids on board.

Our room had a balcony with an ocean view. We loved it! There are a lot of balcony rooms that look on to the ship and I didn't go in one, but I would imagine you wouldn't have much privacy and it might be loud, so go for the ocean view.

We did see Chicago, and it was okay. They pretty much just crammed every song from the movie and performed them back to back. The singing and dancing was great though.

We also saw Oceanaria and they had some amazing stunts in that show, definitely go see that.

Make sure to attend the belly flop competition, it was a lot of fun.

We did my time dining and enjoyed it. There is a line to stand in, but they serve complimentary champagne while you wait and take pictures. They move the line pretty quick if you make a reservation. Its not as bad as some people make it out to be. Once we got in the dining room the service was excellent. They have a head waiter, a waiter, an assistant waiter, and a separate person for mixed drinks so you are never with out help.

We sat on the deck almost everyday at varying times and never once had trouble finding a lounge chair. The lounge chairs never even got close to full, and they had more stacked up on the deck, you will never have trouble finding a chair, it was great.

Each night we would sit in the Solarium adult only pool area in the one of the hot tubs and we were usually the only people in the whole place, it was really nice, the hot tubs are open 24 hours.

This cruise definitely gets 5 stars from me and my husband, and others we talked to on our ship all had a great time.

We went to Labadee, Haiti and it was fun, the beaches have really rough rocky sand and coral on the beach so take water shoes. This is a peninsula of Haiti that Royal Caribbean owns, so you aren't in real Haiti, but it is beautiful and we did the zip line and it was way fun, I highly recommend it.

On the 7th day, we found a new place to eat breakfast, that is how big the ship is. Everyone needs to see it.

Publication Date: 12/04/11