MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Mztravelista

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Disgusted
I went on an 11 day cruise from Genoa. I was looking forward to the cruise with my friends and was dismayed by the treatment we received. We got on the boat and did not know we had to pay for our own water. We had to wait 2 days for MSC to say it was ok for my roommate and I to receive tickets for water.

My roommate's mattress was bad, but after two days our room stewardess did take care of the problem.

The language barrier on the ship is just awful, in some cases trying to explain a problem is a hassle.

The food was sub-par, you would think it is in Italy and Spain so the food would be much better, but the buffet sucked and was cold. The selection in the dining room were just okay, but in some cases it just was not what someone wanted to eat. The waiter we had in the beginning was rude and seemed as if he did not like Americans. He was replaced by a much nicer waiter and the Maitre De made sure we were taken care of after complaining about the first waiter.

Many of the people on the boat were just plain rude. The excursions are over-priced we toured Rome for about $30 instead of the $112 the ship offered and saw everything. I enjoyed the ports we went to all except the Canary Islands, I would have rather spent more time in Rome.

I have seen better entertainment done by street performers, but the contortionists were pretty good. The cruise was not for anyone 40 and under, so there was nothing too much to do when we were at sea.

My roommate told someone at the service desk how she felt about the cruise director and the guest relations representative told her how her view was wrong. I mean seriously, how can someone tell me how to feel about my reaction to the way I was treated.

I have no desire to cruise with MSC ever again even if it was free.

Publication Date: 12/03/11