Carnival Pride Cruise Review by marlor5

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8C

Not worth it
This was mine and hubbies 3rd cruise, our son and daughter in laws 2nd and 2 friends first. I hope this cruise dosent turn our friends off cruising, We tryed the Baltimore port because it was only a 5 1/2 hour drive from upstate NY and we could save air fare, The port was easy to get to and to park and boarding was very quick and easy.

Once you enter the ship in the main atrium was small and dark, we got on board about 1;00 and couldnt get to our room until 2 so we tryed to get something to eat in the buffet but it was packed so we went out on the deck and waited till 2. Our rooms were nice, they were a good size with plenty of storage and a good size bathroom. the deck was great! Our woom steward, Wyan, was great, I needed a sharp conatiner for my husband it was there when we got back from dinner, anything we needed he got right away. He always remembered our names and was very pleasant to talk to.

We went to the dinning room for dinner and the food was ok. I was very diapppointed in this because thats one of the things i was looking forward to. Their soups were good buth that was about it, I got the prime rib one night and it had no taste! My daughter in law ordered bacon after we placed our order and got a nasty look and the waiter stood their looking at her like she was crazy and i think he wanted to say no, but turned around and ordered it. it took a long to get. the wait staff was ok. 2 nights before cruise ended our waiter tolds us that needed the tips because he had to pay for his plane tickets home (phillapines) and how he had to pay for his shirts and pants and other things. I cant stand when people beg for tips, I ve worked for years as a waitress and I know what its like to have to live off tips but I would never have begged for tips!

The buffet was ok, the food was the same as in the dinning room but tasted old, and it seem like it was closed more than open. We did not go to Davids.

we went and saw several shows, The Vroom and the comedians, they were good the comedians were funny but if you weren't there 1/2 before show you didn't get a seat.

There seemed to be a constant vibration on the this ship that Ive never felt on other ships and it was annoying.

We were at sea for 2 days and that was a very longggggg time! not much to do on this ship for 2 days. Casino was ok. some of us won and some broke even. It was very stuffy in here.

We stopped at Port Canaveral,Nassau and Free port, In Port Canaveral we went on the air boat and alligator tour, that was fun. Nassau was nice, we did some shopping and then spent the afternoon on the beach and it was beautiful. Freeport I didn't care for. we took a cab to Port Lucaya and it was the same stuff as the straw market right outside the ship. We didn't go to beach because it got black clouds were rolling in and it started to sprinkle, Save your money and don't go there.

The cruise was ok but wouldn't recommend it.

Publication Date: 12/02/11