Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Solange28: A good time was had by all

Solange28
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

A good time was had by all

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas

My family and I decided we would take a cruise the week of Thanksgiving. There were six of us total: Me, my husband (who had never cruised before), my mother, my sister and her husband and my sister's mother in law (who had never cruised before).

The ship was nice, but much smaller than I had anticipated it being. Majesty of the Seas is the smallest and oldest ship in the fleet. It was still nice for the size. This is a good cruise for first timers.

Embarkation went smoothly. We had to wait a bit in line, but no problems. Once aboard we went directly to our cabin. The cabin was small but enough room for two people. The bathroom is very small...the shower was tiny!! The room and bathroom were very clean.

Food: We had lunch in the Windjammer which serves food buffet style. The selection of food was plentiful. The taste of the food was mediocre.

We ate dinner in the dining room most evenings. The food was OK. The staff was very nice.

There is More a Johnny Rockets on board, I did not eat there. There is also a deli and pizza spot. Food from both was mediocre.

Ports: Nassau was nice. We toured Atlantis as our excursion. We all had a wonderful time.

Coco Cay - was very nice as well. The food served on the island was very tasty. Grilled burgers, hot dogs etc. My family and I found a place in the shade and kicked back, it was very relaxing. The water was beautiful. There are a lot of activities to participate in.

Key West - was nice. We walked around and shopped. We rode the trolley which toured the island. We had a good time.

Complaint: Before you can venture out to Key West, immigration check point must be done. Everyone is asked to line up to have their credentials checked. The line was ridiculously long. Some people waited in line for over an hour. This is CRAZY!! RCI can do a better job of handling this part of the cruise. I suggest they call people according to their muster number. The lines would move a lot quicker and people would not have to wait in line for over an hour.
This was the worst part of the cruise.

Entertainment: There are a variety of activities on the ship to do. Each day you are given an itinerary of what is happening on the ship. Take your pick and have fun!! The love and marriage show if very funny.

Disembarkation: Went smoothly. We took advantage of the early departure because our flight was leaving around noon.

The cruise was a wonderful experience for all of us. My husband was hesitant about cruising, but liked it so much we booked another cruise while on the ship. YEA!!! My sister' s mother in law had a wonderful time as well. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 4554

I loved the location of my cabin. It was close enough to the room but just far enough to not be disturbed by cruisers getting on/off the elevator. The room was small, but enough room for two people. The bathroom was very small, the shower was tiny!! But the room and bathroom were very clean.

Read 738 Key West Reviews

Nassau was nice. We walked around a bit and decided to go back to the ship before our excursion. The locals will try to persuade you to take tours they offer or buy things they are selling. We told them we were not interested and they left us alone. The water was beautiful. We toured Atlantis as our excursion. We all had a wonderful time.
Read 2645 Nassau Reviews