Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by newbiewfromms

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by newbiewfromms
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Fascination
Member Name: newbiewfromms
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Jacksonville
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: E5
See More About: Carnival Fascination Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        13-15 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fascinating Fascination Thanksgiving Cruise
There were 15 of us on this Cruise..Mostly family ranging in age from 11 to 75. We had an absolute blast on this cruise. Any negative comments I've read I saw none of these. The ship was spotless, the crew was fantastic, the food was awesome, the activities and shows were top notch. Anyone that thinks Carnival is a "budge" cruise line is mistaken. Im sure they are cheaper than the rest and Im a little biased since I've only been on Carnival but I've loved all 3 of my cruises.

I burned the candle at both ends on this cruise since I wanted to do everything. We went to both shows, The mambo and the 80's show, which were absolutely wonderful. Top notch productions and fantastic cast. Attended the adult comedy show on the last night and it was hilarious. Went to the afternoon tea with my mother in law and we both enjoyed in immensely. We had an inside cabin this time which actually made it better for the little sleeping I did :) on this cruise. We had late seating 8:15 in the Imagination dining room with our waiters Jorge and Martin who were impeccable.

Went to Key West on the first stop and did the City View hop on hop off trolley ride for 19.00 and it was worth every penny. Key West was beautiful but I wished we could have stayed longer. Some did the Butterfly conservatory and they enjoyed it very much. In Nassau we took the #10 Jitney bus to the Sheraton Resort and bought a day pass for 25.00 which was well worth it. The facilities were gorgeous and the kids did snorkeling, kayaking, big water bike and the paddle boat which were all included. The beach was gorgeous and they had 3 or 4 pools along with hot tubs and a swim up bar.

The kids in our group ranging from 11-14 had a blast in the Circle C and made many new Facebook friends to keep in touch with. We let them have full roam of the ship and were very comfortable leaving them to themselves. Lots and lots of fun activities on board. My husband did the hairy chest contest and had people recognizing him all over the ship the rest of the cruise. My son and friend both 21 had a very good time in the clubs and the casino. I cannot say enough good things about this ship. We all loved her very much. It was a little rough on the last day but other than that we had calm seas and beautiful weather. We were a little late leaving Jacksonville. Was supposed to sail at 3 and didn't leave until 7 which was not a big deal at all. No activities were stopped on the ship because of it.

I plan on writing a review under the Carnival section on the message boards soon so check that out too. Embarkation and Debarkation were seamless as this port has their act together. I loved every minute of this cruise and was very sad to leave. Already planning my next one.

Publication Date: 12/01/11