Star Princess Cruise Review by TS_Cruse: Star Princess, the shine is dull

Star Princess 2
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Star Princess, the shine is dull

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We are loyal RCL crusiers, before this summer we have complete 7 cruise with RCL. In Europe and Carribean on various ships.
Well it was time to try something new. Not really a good idea, you just compare what is in front of you to what you have had, really not fair to the ship.

But it is also good to see what another cruise liner is offering. I would breakdown our cruise into three parts; ship, food&wine, activities/shore

start with the good
Food excellent, why lots of variety, always available, very good, bad, we had anytime dining which was more like line-up and wait. most nights it was an hour long wait to get seated, whether you had reservation or not...and the Matilde was very very rude. I complained multiple times to just be left standing even longer. If I want a buzzer ed and wait in line, I'd rather go to the cheese cake factory..

Wine, if you like American wine, sure lots of variety, no wine deals like on RCL, only on expensive wines More they cant sell...did we drink lots of wine, yes was it good yes but hell to get!

Ship, small, tight closterfobic, it felt crowded at the time, our room had double hanging bunks. we were only 2, why. i broke my shoulder, head on them daily, never again. room was also smaller than RCL.getting off the ship was a nightmare, it was the most poorly organized group ever...they just dont gett eh fact that we are on vacation and they should be taking care of us.

We may try another Princess cruise, but the Star is not for us.... Less

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X