Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by dxgiroux: Cruise full of new memories!!!

dxgiroux
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cruise full of new memories!!!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

1st - This was my mother's first cruise and she relished the ship, the decor, the shows, the employees, the main dinning rooms and she was amazed how much people eat at the buffet and there are always people going thru the buffet line...

8th cruise - 3rd time on the dawn and I just loved it!!! I think price vs product, it is awesome. Lets not kid ourselves, this cruise was a great price compared to other lines, so if you decided to splurge that you can or you can stick to your budget. It is totally up to the customer.

We had an inside cabin on deck 9 and decided to do the spa pass and it was great, just to be able to get away from the noise was well worth the price for us. I always do an inside cabin and save on the price and spoil ourselves with the spa pass. We are never in the room except to sleep and get change and it was a very comfortable room.

The food at the dinning room were not as upscale as the the restaurant that you paid a cover charge but More their food and portions were awesome and I felt comfortable asking for more. The speciality restaurant were very good, again we made the decision to spend extra and to do what we wanted. I do miss not having the captain dinner, love it when we did it last year...

I love the option of being able to eat when I want and to do what I want...

The employees were awesome and professional as always. They smile and that is a plus to me. I find some of the passengers need to understand that there is 2000 other passengers on the ship. It always make me think how other people can be rude from all around the world.

The ports were awesome, Tortola (BVI360 Jost VanDyke, WOW!!), Samana (Cayo Levantado, free and nice beach), Antigua (NCL excursion, visit and beach and WOW!!! we had a private beach, visited someones home, awesome!!!), Barbados (NCL Tea Plantation, good but would not redo), St.Kitts (took a taxis to Shipwreck Bar, black sand and awesome beach!!), St.Marteen (NCL Orient Beach, tour guide was great!!!, beach nice!!)

We stayed at the Sheraton Miami airport and got a shuttle to Port, good price and taxi back was about $26 for the ride, parking $60.00 for 10 days. Beds were heavenly and no noise. Hotel price is good.

I can honestly say that the prices for drinks are expensive on the ship (beer bucket is a good deal) but again there are options, the drinks in ports are cheap and there is always water, tea and juice.

It is always your choice of how much you want to spend while on your cruise. I love NCL for that option. I will most probably cruise again with NCL, I will also most probably try other cruise lines. But for a 10 day cruise, this cruise was the most affordable for myself and my mother. I like to be free while on a cruise in the sense NO set schedule.

This cruise was for creating memories in time and it was 100% accomplished!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 9077

We had one of the new inside cabins (9077). It was nice and we basically use our cabin to sleep. It was a little bit small but who cares, it was nice and efficient. I did not hear our neighbors. No complaints from our experience.

NCL excursion of visiting a home and also private beach with food, music and drinks...just a great day!!!
Read 801 Antigua Reviews

We took a taxi ("Sam" the man and he was really good and reliable) to Shipwreck bar, black sand beach!! Water was awesome, clear as tap water!!! The views were awesome.

The beach was great!!

(5.5)
Jost Van Dyke... BVI360...the beach was above and beyond a dream!!!
Read 501 Tortola Reviews