Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by debijaynes

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by debijaynes
Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator
Member Name: debijaynes
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: C
See More About: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Navigator Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Navigator Deck Plans
Best Cruise We have EVER done!
What a wonderful cruise! From Start to Finish, we were more than impressed. Our cabin was clean and very tidy (JackieLou was our Stewardess) and Joshua , our butler, was a perfect gem! This is probably easiest in bullet form, so here goes.

Cabin: Always kept very well and every wish was granted at once. I asked for decaf tea bags( I brought my own water bottles to mix the tea in) and they were there within minutes. I stubbed my toe horribly and band-aids were there, along with antiseptic cream, in minutes! We traveled with my Mother and when she was injured, both the butler and her stewardess were in polite attendance, constantly asking her what she desired. Only complaint was with the Tempur-pedic mattress-- way too hard for us!

Dining: Lovely and attentive service in every venue. Roma was our waitress in Compass Rose and we could not have asked for any better! The food was very good and always presented in a timely manner. Actually the food was great! Can't pick a favorite-- but those Oysters Rockefeller in Prime 7 and the escargot in Compass Rose are at the top of the list.Poolside hamburgers were fabulous!

Entertainment: We did not attend one show. A singer that had been brought on ship was seated near us several nights for dinner.After listening to her, well... that was enough. She was the loudest person each night in the restaurant.

Common areas: I would agree with some people that some of the areas are "worn", but we did not feel that they were so horrible. Honestly, some people can complain about anything.

Tenders to shore: You never knew you were getting on a boat! Smooth as silk. Those fellows know their job!

Shore excursions: Ours were wonderful-- with this one exception: A better description needs to be made of the distances to get to the buses. Mom had a hard time getting to the bus in one stop and when I went to the desk to say something-- well, let's put it this way-- I was not the first one! The tours were great with very professional, enthusiastic guides.

Ports: Some new and some we had been to many times. Belize was fun with the air-boat ride and the stingrays are always fun in Grand Cayman. Roatan was very interesting- reminded me of Vermont with Palm trees and the ocean! It has a brand new $62 million cruise terminal that is spotless!

Having said all of this-- we are aware that not everyone had this same experience. I did hear that for some people service was slow, but we did not experience this. My wine that I enjoy was ready for me in the dining room and the Navigator Lounge-- without me asking! The staff all asked about Mom when she did not come to dinner with us. While on board we booked another cruise for next Thanksgiving and feel certain that we will have another great experience. This is a very friendly and professional staff that has to deal with many different types of people--there were several children on board and 110 people over the age of 90. Everyone was active and participated in shore excursions letting nothing stop them.

Disembarkation was the smoothest we have ever encountered.Very well done!

Publication Date: 11/29/11
More Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Navigator review Read the next Seven Seas Navigator review

Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review