Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Spatzthecat: Not disapointed!

Spatzthecat
0 Post

Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Canary Islands Cruises

Not disapointed!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

Hi

First I got a free upgrade to a balcony state room-Thank you Cunard

I will star with the slightly negative points.

The Lido restaurant was a very small pain to find a table and to line up to get tea or coffee. They have some one asking you if you want something from the bar but no one if you wanted extra tea/coffee etc. I also got a bit pissed off how they were very quick to clear tables and plates.

However I did like the range of what they had on offer, the views out of the windows was great and I found the serving staff very helpful. I was on an early sitting for dinner and it was a bit of a chore to have lunch in the Lido at 3pm and then early dinner at 6pm in the Britannia restaurant.

The food was good, the breakfast in the Lido could be a touch hotter but I would eat there again any day, the Britannia food was excellent and well served. I have never eating 'posh' food and I did enjoy it.

I liked the idea of having everything More that you spent put onto your swipe card, so that you did not have to keep money on you.

I did three tours that I enjoyed, but could have done with a little more time at the main attractions, but I would go on them again. I liked the idea of knowing exactly were you were going with a bus/coach parked near by with your own tour guide.

The room 8149 was just fine for me and the shower was a bit small but it was no problem, my steward, Clefford, was very good and did all that I asked of him.All public areas were fine and the shops on the ship had all that I needed.

The ship herself was very fine and all though there were times you struggled to get a seat in the Golden Lion bar you could find a little bit of peace for yourself. The swimming pool areas were truly nice to sit around and the Admirals bar at the front of the ship is an experience to be enjoyed.All staff were friendly and helpful. No one told you could not go here or there or ordered you about.

There are some exit doors on deck three that were very hard to open even by me, they did have the buttons to open if you are a disabled person, but some of them were not working.

My only major gripe was getting off the ship at the end of the trip, we had to assemble in the theatre with our hand luggage, there were piles of luggage stacked here and there and people were sitting on the main staircase because there were no chairs, I was sitting on one of the bins by the lifts-please Cunard sort this out.

I enjoyed the trip, a bit expensive but better than having to go to a airport and hope my plane is on time and then pay for meals at my destination. It was a joy to be able to eat/drink and tour when I wanted to.

BTW, the buses and tour coaches in Oporto in Portugal were a very long walk away and covered in seagull crap, not fun!Never did any of the entertainment offered-too busy eating sleeping, the doctor said rest! Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Elizabeth Balcony Deck 8 8149

Liked it, nice balcony, TV picture could be better. Plenty of storage space for just me though