Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Review by germangs

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Review by germangs
Costa Concordia, A Look Back
Costa Concordia, A Look Back
Member Name: germangs
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: I1
See More About: Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 4.0
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Costa Concordia, A Look Back Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Costa Concordia, the most current review
We just came back home last night after sailing last week on Costa Concordia.

Our family was two kids age 15 and 10, my wife, my mom who flew all the way from Israel and of course my mother in law.

We all had a great time together on the ship and visiting ports of Savona, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Malta and Palermo.

The first stop in Savona we went to Monaco. The trip to Monaco was purchased on the ship. We had a good ride on the big bus and perfect opportunity to see the place.

The next day in Barcelona was a little short. We used a shuttle bus to get from the port to the city and spent that short time walking on the main street and then took the underground train ride to the Sagrada Church. I wish we could spend more time in Barcelona to explore this beautiful city.

The third day we had a lot of fun on Palma de Mallorca. It is very beautiful place to visit. We bought a double Decker tickets and were able to stop and get on the bus during the day. It gave us so much opportunity to see the entire city and all the highlights.

Trip to Malta and Palermo was also a very interesting experience.

I would rank our ports of destinations and places that we visited 10 out of 10.

Now more about the ship. The Concordia ship is huge. We had an inside cabin on the first floor. I could not see the end of the corridor. The room was great and clean. Jose, who was a cabin Stewart, took a great care of our room. The towels were always replaced, twice, three times a day.

We had breakfast in the buffet and dinners in the Rome restaurant.

The breakfast was fine as usual. The self serve brewed coffee in buffet area was awful. Nobody liked it. But there is always a choice to purchase a cup of coffee at the bar area.

One thing that I wanted to say is that we had a great service for the Gluten free product. One of my child require gluten free menu and it was always cruise high priority to make sure we get the right food for my kid. There was always a Gluten free menu for the dinner and a couple of times we ordered a takeout gluten free lunch that was very well packed with sandwiches, vegetables, fruits and cookies.

I never had a problem to bring a bottle of vine on the ship during our ports visits. Every time when we were visiting ports I was buying a bottle of local wines and we had that during our dinners in Roma restaurant. We never got charge any fees for drinking our wine during the entire time.

We did not like the pictures service. It is much overpriced and there was not much price and package flexibility to purchase. The last time when we were on Holland America we had a package for 200 USD. It allowed us to get all the pictures that were taken during the cruise and we had a lot of them.

Publication Date: 11/29/11
More Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Costa Concordia, A Look Back review Read the next Costa Concordia, A Look Back review

More Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews