Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by MichaelandNina

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by MichaelandNina
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: MichaelandNina
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

We were preprared for the worse but we experienced the best!
So,I prepared with extra antibacterial soap, Dramamine, cruise insurance, info on excursions prices, and due to a previous CC review where they claim there is smoking every where I brought a bulky air purifier. I have asthma and allergies. Im glad to say, I never once got asthma nor allergies and certainly did not need the purifier. There was NO smoke through the cabins, and I know people are allowed to smoke but they have to have a great system that sucks in the air on every room. We stayed in an instate room, I do not know about balconies, I just know they have a pull out bed and a little more specious. So, needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Embarkation wait time about 20 min wait,however disembarkation is a different story because customs takes their time, so careful if you have a plane to catch, u just gotta leave way early 730am.

Stirrup Cay: Not too impressed, glad I didn't spend any money there enjoyed the dance classes, we saw iguanas, it is still a good time, if u want more quiet keep walking through the shore and you will find it. Many people walked around the island, I dont think any tours are really worth it there, but that's my perception.

First aid: I did visit first aid station at stirup cay, they were nice and free (I scratched my knees). Also visited first aid station in Dunns Falls in Jamaica, (my allergies) they gave me over the counter allergy medicine for free and no hassles (very impressed) this is unique to me so, I doubt anyone will need to do so. Practice common sense, everything is very safe but I did see a pregnant woman climbing the falls, that was scary to watch.

The ship experience is awesome, there is always something to do for everyone. I thought the "not so newly wed game", "the quest", "dancing with the pearl stars", the "juggling show" were awesome. Mystery game I didnt do, but people like it. A couple of shows are good too but Im 30 I thought if I was older I would have enjoyed more. But, for sure there is always something going on for my age group and younger, white hot party, latin party, karaoke, Caribbean parties and there are kids on most (not all) of those parties, there are no overly drunk people (drinks are expensive) there are about 2 or 3 shows that are for adult only shows.

Kids: We didn't take our kids this time, but there were 2000 kids, we were at full capacity. Kids seemed soooo happy and I thought if I would had brought my 12 yo son, I would have let him walk around with friends. After the second day you will see the kids walking around in groups once they get to know each other, very very safe and entertaining. I did not hear any complaints about kids club for smaller kids either.

FOOD: The food wasnt that great, but there is something that you will like and you will probably over eat so be prepared for that. Scrambled eggs were very runny, but there are omelet stations, usually about 2 or 3 people wait time. They have 3 or 4 main dining rooms and restaurants for free. If you do not eat at any paid restaurant, you will still be satisfied. Mambos wasnt that great, Cagneys is a steakhouse, and TOTALLY worth the money. Truffle oil french fries were awesome, Crab cakes OMG!!!, Fillet Mignon you do not need a knife, different cuts were awesome too, yes we went twice lol. The cover price is $25 and Cagneys is the most expensive one.

Casino: We won a few hundred dollars on blackjack. We entered the blackjack tournaments only $15. They had a $500 price (I didnt win,I was 3rd place). We also bought bingo etc, the pull tabs are just a way to get you to the casino once you cash them in.

Dress code wasn't strictly enforced, I liked that...lol I liked that we didn't have schedules to be dressed a certain way etc. However, many people along with the kids choose to dress up which is nice.

Service was excellent, clean rooms, friendly staff. Over all I'm very satisfied. I'm doing a research paper on carnival and royal Caribbean's finances so, I know how tight for cash they are so, NCL probably is too however, I didn't feel that they were trying to get my money all the time. The service was excellent,and I will totally recommend to anyone. Cant wait to get back.

Publication Date: 11/29/11