Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Sumorcruiseplease: Sad Inaugural Voyage

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Sad Inaugural Voyage

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

First the pro's and then the con's...

My husband and I decided to sail Carnival due to their awesome military rates ;which is way better than Royal Caribbean or Disney Cruises, so we had to give it a try! Being that Magic is a brand new ship, we decided to sail on her inaugural Voyage.

Pros- we were able to broad ship early in the morning. The ship was clean, and the Lido buffet food was ready for the passengers upon arrival. The staff in the Lido buffet was very kind and helpful. The desserts in the Lido buffet was 100 percent more thought out than the main dining room. The rooms clean,and the little welcome gifts were a sweet touch! The sandwiches up at the Lido area were so good!Water-slides good of course too.

Cons- our cabin 6451, was extremely loud when the nightclub just below our cabin opened. The base level actually vibrated through the pillows on our bed,and would not stop until 1:30am every night. Front desk was very hard to get over phone about this More problem. On the third night, it took me going across the ship at 12:00 a.m, to get earplugs. Guest Services were nice about the problem, but it seemed that they have had the problem brought up before. Another sound problem is the loud slamming of the patio doors. We have sailed Royal Caribbean before and enjoyed the sliding glass patio doors vs the bulky metal doors on Magic. It seems the builders did not use insulation on this vessel.

First night in main dinning our 8pm dinning ended up being 10pm dinning. Food was cold and waiter was extremely rude and hardly in sight...dinning time got better that week, but food remained completely terrible!!!cold, gross, and unthoughtful main-plans continued, I seriously wouldn't have been surprised to see Mac and cheeses served with beanie weenies.

Our waiter was so rude; when asked on last night to take his picture, he grabbed his crotch and I have the pic to prove it.

No sail away trills, just two line dances and that was that. Royal Carribean seems to have them beat in entertainment and customer service. Carnival magic was a sleepy little ship our week, except in their nightclub, trust me on that. 6451.and if you are looking for the good food, it's all at the midnight madness-- staff is holding out on that one!!! I only knew this because I'd end up their sometimes in my pjs because my cabin was thumping too much. Progresso -Carnival, that was the saddest and scariest place!! The $25 that carnival gave, was given to the little girl crying and begging us to help her. I spent the two days stuck there looking at that sad port and it's misery; it was EXTREMELY hard to have vacation fun without feeling guilty about it with all the sadness just outside my window. Yes the theatre was small. Mongolian Wok wasn't open long enough after waiting 52 minutes in line! Pool was dirty and hot tubs not that warm. I'm not sure about sailing on carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>