Thanksgiving Cruise on Liberty of the Seas: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by fl_mermaid
Overall Member Rating
Thanksgiving Cruise on Liberty of the Seas
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Check-in was a breeze--suite guests get to skip the standard line and have their own checkin area. There was no one in front of us in line, and all we had to do was wait about five minutes for an available agent. Processing and issuance of our SeaPass cards took only about five minutes. We were on the boat in about 20 minutes total, from the time we walked into the cruise terminal.
Our room was on deck 10, room 1268, and it was beautiful. Spacious room, lots of storage, double sinks in the bathroom, and an actual bathtub and shower. The balcony was very large also...room for a table and two chairs as well as two chaise lounge chairs. A flat screen tv, DVD player, and Bose stereo were in the room More as well.
As far as the cruise went, instead of giving a day-by-day account, I'll just give general observations:
1. on Radiance, far more was done for suite guests than on Liberty. There was no cocktail party with the captain on LIberty or dinner with the captain, both of which we experienced on Radiance.
2. many, many activities were available on Liberty, but the times of many of them were exactly the same. Why not stagger the times a little more?
3. Royal Caribbean bragged about the quality of its bedding, but my husband and I both agreed--the bed in our Grand Suite was by far the MOST uncomfortable bed we've ever slept on, and we're fairly seasoned travelers. Sleeping on a bed of nails would have been more comfortable. I am not exaggerating when I say that neither of us got a good night of sleep the entire five nights.
4. Our room steward really didn't make himself visible to us the entire cruise. The room was clean and we have no complaints with service, but on past cruises, the room steward came by and checked on you from time to time.....
5. The Concierge Club was nice, but children should NOT be allowed in there. Children weren't allowed in the Concierge Club on Radiance, and apparently Royal Caribbean had a change of policy. But since it's essentially a bar, it's inappropriate for children. Plus having all those children in there made seating in the Concierge Club very scarce, and since "happy hour" was 5:30-8:00, why couldn't there be a "no kids" policy during those hours?
6. Francois, the Concierge, and Boris, the bar attendance were both very nice and very efficient.
7. Noise was not a problem in our cabin. We never heard anyone in the halls.....
8. The ship was extremely clean and staff was very nice and competent.
9. Food was not impressive. No variation at all in the Windjammer Cafe...same exact food every day.
Dining room food did not have the "wow" factor.....
10. We did utilize Chops Grill, and enjoyed it immensely.
All in all, we enjoyed our cruise, but not as much as we thought we would....I think we'll stick with the smaller ships, that offer more personalized service from now on.
Cabin review: GS1268 Grand Suite
Spacious, lots of storage, great bathroom, giant balcony, HARD mattress!!Read All Grand Suite (GS) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Not impressed with Carnival
Great Cruise and Staff --- NEV...
First, and probably last royal...