Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by alias605: Wonderful Week

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Week

Sail Date: November 2011

The Norwegian Pearl is a beautiful ship. It is well maintained, functional and confortable. Seas were high during our cruise and you could certainly feel it. Food was above average, service was stellar, port choices were fantastic (Great Stirrup Cay, Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel).

Did one shore excursion which was half awesome and half not so awesome - Dunns River Falls is beautiful but not well managed, very crowded and full of very pushy vendors. The bobsled/waterslide part of the shore excursion was fun, beautiful and very relaxing. Shopping in Georgetown and Cozumel always great - my third visit to Cozumel and I love it!

This was my fifth cruise with NCL - I love freestyle cruising! We went to the Japanese Steakhouse one night (awesome food - probably not worth $25 extra $$$ though). Never a dull moment on the Pearl.

The staff is amazing - considering the grief they take from many travelers i was impressed and I don't impress easily. Our steward More was awesome - our wait staff was great - all were polite, helpful and eager to please.

Disembarkation was a mess - customs took forever, NCL did a good job trying to manuever the process.

I look forward to my next NCL opportunity. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 10571

Very tight fit for two adults and two teenagers. Well positioned on the boat. The beds are three twins pushed together and one bunk that folds down - not a whole lot of leftover space. Best way to increase space ask to have the small end tables removed - and I always have the mini bar removed.

(5.5)
One of my favorite ports, great shopping - awesome food.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Shopping was fantastic - beautiful shops with lovely people