Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by alias605

Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: alias605
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Wonderful Week
The Norwegian Pearl is a beautiful ship. It is well maintained, functional and confortable. Seas were high during our cruise and you could certainly feel it. Food was above average, service was stellar, port choices were fantastic (Great Stirrup Cay, Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel).

Did one shore excursion which was half awesome and half not so awesome - Dunns River Falls is beautiful but not well managed, very crowded and full of very pushy vendors. The bobsled/waterslide part of the shore excursion was fun, beautiful and very relaxing. Shopping in Georgetown and Cozumel always great - my third visit to Cozumel and I love it!

This was my fifth cruise with NCL - I love freestyle cruising! We went to the Japanese Steakhouse one night (awesome food - probably not worth $25 extra $$$ though). Never a dull moment on the Pearl.

The staff is amazing - considering the grief they take from many travelers i was impressed and I don't impress easily. Our steward was awesome - our wait staff was great - all were polite, helpful and eager to please.

Disembarkation was a mess - customs took forever, NCL did a good job trying to manuever the process.

I look forward to my next NCL opportunity.

Publication Date: 11/28/11