Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by midship2095: Caribbean Carnival Freedom Nov. 2011

midship2095
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Caribbean Carnival Freedom Nov. 2011

Sail Date: November 2011

This was my third cruise, and my second cruise on Freedom. This time around, we traveled with six friends that had never cruised, and they are now hooked on cruising! We stayed at The Best Western Plus Oakland Park Inn Ft.Lauderdale. The hotel was an older establishment, but with modern updates and decor. Friendly staff eager to help with any question we had. The pool and landscaping were very nice. The Ports we visited were: St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and The Bahamas. Antigua was by far my favorite destination on this cruise. We all went to a beautiful place called Jolly Beach Resort and spent the afternoon in the pools and the ocean. The employees were quite helpful and friendly, and the food was delicious! They have an outside (covered) cooking area, and will cook your food to order. They had snorkeling, sailing, and other water activities available as well. It was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.
St. Thomas was awesome, as usual. Tortola was nice, but not More my favorite Port.
I love going to the Bahamas because it is one of the most beautiful places you can visit. That said, I'd like to mention that Atlantis now has extremely limited access to visitors if you are not staying as a guest at the resort. We basically walked to some of the interior shops, through the casino, and that's where we were denied any further access. They won't even let you visit the restaurant unless you are a guest. We did not visit the beach this time, but in my opinion, it is one of the best beaches in The Caribbean. I do not remember the name of the gift shop I visited just before I returned to the ship, but I bought a couple of hand painted items from a local artist. I was very pleased with her talent. Amazing work and prices were reasonable. My friends had two young teens, and they were all very pleased with the activities on board that Carnival supplied. No complaints there! As always, Carnival kept its staff quite busy, continually cleaning the ship 24/7. Super friendly employees that were always eager to help with anything you might need. The Cruise Director, Jacques, was the best one ever! The food was good. No complaints. Wait staff was amazing! If you've never been on this class of ship, or any of these ports, I highly recommend it! You won't be disappointed. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Riviera 1438

I always book the interior lower deck room. It's small and has no window, But I do not care about that. It's quite efficient, plenty of closet and storage space and has a decent sized bathroom. It serves it purpose. I don't care much about having a view from the cabin, because I'm only in the room to sleep and shower. No complaints here! Carnivals beds and pillows are some of the most comfortable you will ever sleep on. I always enjoy that!

(5.5)
My favorite port! We had all booked a day pass at a place called Jolly Beach Resort for the entire afternoon. Took a shuttle there, had a very friendly driver. You can book this online, and it's very reasonably priced. It includes all the food you want, and all you can drink (alcohol). Lots of non motorized water activities, snorkeling, etc. This was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited! The staff were all very helpful and courteous. The beach sand was super soft, and the ocean had lots of beautiful huge shells! This resort was amazing, and I highly recommend it if you ever visit Antigua.
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

As I've said, Nassau IS a beautiful place. I LOVE the Bay when you are coming in at Paradise Island! But, Atlantis now has very limited access, unless you are staying at the resort. Beach behind Atlantis is fantastic! Visited the Hard Rock Cafe there and received HORRIBLE service! (But I think this was caused by the multitude of guests invading the island from 4 ships) Nassau is my favorite port to buy souvenirs because there are more local artists there hand making and hand painting the items. You can leave with some beautiful gifts that are reasonably priced.
Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

We did not take an island tour, but my sister and other friends did. They enjoyed an informative rum making tour. Tortola was a nice place, but was basically full of gift shops right at the port.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews