Carnival Magic Cruise Review by primo11

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 4S
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Transatlantic
I really enjoyed Carnival Magic transatlantic cruise. I am not a big person on food but look for the extras a ship can offer, and this ship supplies it all. I think their gym was excellent, and the spa was fantastic as well. If you are going to use these facilities,I suggest getting a spa cabin. It was great,all i had to do was walk down hall and gym right there, and one floor up was the steam rooms and sauna. i would skip-out of evening diner sometimes, and go to workout and then steam rooms(really cool designed one red and other blue) and sauna..talk about relaxing, and never crowded. For me having a comfortable robe on and and relaxing in the serenity area was the best,and I didn't have to go across the ship, so it was very convenient.

The ships layout was better then I expected with easy access in and around the ship, but i think it also depends on where you get your cabin. 10,11,12 good if you like to do more outside.ie; and enjoy outdoor pool and activities, evening movies with popcorn or a drink at the bar and various bands playing throughout the day;otherwise, deck five is where a lot of people hung out. During the day,deck five has a variety of indoor activities ,such as, trivia and memory games. Also on deck five was the Red frog pub was nice. The musician playing there was talented, friendly and played some request. Also, the piano bar was always eventful and fun times. The dance club is very innovative, and you can't help but have fun.

Picking the right cruise at the time you desire is so important. I selected the longer cruise during school times, because I wanted a more older relaxingly take it easy cruise. The transatlantic cruise was not full so lots of open space, and I never felt crowded. It was so nice to be able to walk around the ship and find plenty of open areas just to sit down and enjoy the view and serenity of the sea. I like that Carnival added the hot tubs on deck the sides five. It was awesome just to sit in a hot tub as you sail and just enjoy the view of the sea. It takes far away from outside world. Usually, the hot tub was at good temperature warm to slightly hot,but I asked the lady that would make her rounds to raise temperature which she did, and came back to ask if it was better. The Cruise director and crew were fun, and really tried their best each day. They really put in a lot of effort to keep people of all age groups entertained. The age group which I figured on for a transatlantic cruise was older 30+, mostly in 50 to 60 range. No kids running with mounds of ice cream, but after doing the ropes and going down the water slides , I felt like at times I was in a summer camp for adults. To me there is nothing like getting away from hustle and bustle of everyday life even if its for a short time and relaxing on a cruise, just looking out over water as you feel the sea breeze hits your face and breathing in the fresh ocean air. I don't feel the need to be entertained all the time, the enjoyable thing and beauty of a cruise is to take in the sights that you can't get taking a train,plane,nor automobile. Some great sunsets after a relaxingly day at the sea. Yes, there is smoking in parts of the casino and designated parts of the ship, but I found that people adhered to the guidelines. I am not big into slot machines but if there plenty in the casino. I went to the casino area mainly to catch a game on ESPN, and talk to people I met earlier while walking around the ship. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and easy to talk with. Of course, you have the guys that have been drinking beer all day and then want to talk politics, and I am sure there wives are happy that they did not have to hear them for awhile. The cool thing about this cruise was that you had people from all over sailing, and not from just one region, so very diverse.

This ship had something for everyone, and it had all the amenities that I like without being pretentious. Some cruise lines I have been on try to make it fake fancy and stiff, this ship made to make you lighten up and enjoy yourself. I haven't written a review before and only felt compelled to do so after reading some of the reviews. If you want fine dining checkout the steakhouse. 30 bucks which is not bad at all and fantastic. If your like me and on some days would like just a healthy salad or salmon bagel this boat has it all. One thing I like is that on off hours there is just not pizza, but that at the back of level 10 outside, there is open deck with pool bar hot tubs and place that makes a good assortment of toasted sandwiches. Also, I suggest the sit down breakfast on deck four, there nothing like having an omelette, toast and a good cup of coffee as you look out onto the beautiful ocean, and enjoy the moment. Very peaceful, and what a way to start off your day.

The weather was a lot better then I expected, because its a flip of the coin during hurricane season. There were a couple of rainy days and two days of not smooth sailing day, but there was always something to go do or explore the ship. We had to go to free port which has nothing but some souvenir shops that c and a great beach. it stayed overnight, so there was no looking at the watch wondering if it was time to get back to boat. If you go down to the beach wow clear water and clean sand.lots of fun. I went out into ocean and neat looking down and seeing a fish swimming by.

The days went by very quick and before you knew it it was time to turn your clock back again five days in a row crossing the Atlantic. This ship caters to a large and diverse group of travelers. To make the most out of your Magic cruise, I think its essential to select the right cabin with good location. I find that with the Magic, the price gets you on board,but if you want the fine dining and extra amenities it will cost, but not at an exorbitant fee, and well worth it.

Publication Date: 11/26/11