MSC Splendida Cruise Review by PH

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
MSC Maybe
The ship was very clean, staff was good, cabins better than average. The food was 60% poor, 30% ok and 10% really good. You were fine if you filled up on the pasta which was good most of the time. The seafood was always over cooked and dry. The meat very thin and covered in gravy to hide the lack of flavor. One night I ordered Osa Buca and I got a bone the size of a saucer with one bite of meat. I asked for some with meat AND THEY GOT IT FOR ME. THEY TRIED TO CHARGE FOR WATER.I insisted that my table was not going to pay for water that was free on the buffet. I said I would take our glasses upstairs and fill them if necessary. The head guy who asked if we were American and then said we could have free water.

The ship charged for the use of the sauna and the steam room. The hot tubs were never hot, only like warm. People had babies and toddlers in the hot tubs with no swim diapers on.

The pillows were very lumpy. We kept asking for better ones but after 8 no luck. I would not ask my dog to sleep on a pillow that bad.

The entertainment was rather unique. I liked it. They had a mine, a man that did shadow hand puppets, acrobats, and dancers and singers.

The cruise was less money so I guess you get what you pay for.

Publication Date: 11/26/11