MSC Splendida Cruise Review by PH: MSC Maybe

MSC Maybe

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Genoa

The ship was very clean, staff was good, cabins better than average. The food was 60% poor, 30% ok and 10% really good. You were fine if you filled up on the pasta which was good most of the time. The seafood was always over cooked and dry. The meat very thin and covered in gravy to hide the lack of flavor. One night I ordered Osa Buca and I got a bone the size of a saucer with one bite of meat. I asked for some with meat AND THEY GOT IT FOR ME. THEY TRIED TO CHARGE FOR WATER.I insisted that my table was not going to pay for water that was free on the buffet. I said I would take our glasses upstairs and fill them if necessary. The head guy who asked if we were American and then said we could have free water.

The ship charged for the use of the sauna and the steam room. The hot tubs were never hot, only like warm. People had babies and toddlers in the hot tubs with no swim diapers on.

The pillows were very lumpy. We kept asking for better ones but after 8 no More luck. I would not ask my dog to sleep on a pillow that bad.

The entertainment was rather unique. I liked it. They had a mine, a man that did shadow hand puppets, acrobats, and dancers and singers.

The cruise was less money so I guess you get what you pay for. Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Splendida Standard Balcony Botticelli Deck 11204

We have been to Athens before so stayed in port. Walk away from town. Pirus is very beautiful when you get away from the port and the shopping area. It was Sunday so everything was closed. They had beautiful yachts in the Harbor.

Again great port. Four of us rented a taxi for 125 Euros. We saw everything. The driver waited outside the ruins. This was the best shopping port.

Been to Ephesus so stayed in Izmir. Spent a lot of time in the Bazaar. Rode the on again off bus to see the sights. If you haven't been to Ephesus it is a must see.
Read 153 Izmir Reviews

This was the port to Olympia Greece. Great little town. Had some delicious grilled stuffed squid at a restaurant by the sea. Walk to the town. They have buses to Olimpia for only 10 euros round trip. Didn't need reservations. The sight was great. The sight was amazing. Be sure to visit the museum. Great shopping in town

I might have the wrong port but it was in Turkey. Loved this place. Took a taxi from port to town and then walked to the palace. Three euros. lots of great pictures. There is a great gift shop right outside with and old woman who insists you call her MAMA. She drags you into the shop. She was a lot of fun and had some great stuff. I bought a hand knit shawl for only 10 euros. Loved walking around the town.
Read 12 Manaus Reviews

(5.5)
Our favorite port. Rented a taxi for 3 hours for 4 for 120 euros. Went up in the mountains to see a church in a cave. The ride was great. Beautiful views. Saw a beach far below. Got back to town and saw the sights. Hated to leave. This was the only stop
Read 102 Palermo Reviews

Wanted to see as much as possible so the 4 of us hired Roman Cab at 500 euros. It would have been 520 for six which would have been better but the MSC boards are so bad that no one responded to my roll call. We saw the Collusium. Had already purchases tickets so our guide got us right in, Spanish steps, Trevy fountain, Forum and lots of places I can't remember. After a good lunch we went to the Vatican and had a private 2.5 hour tour. Then a rush to get back to the ship.