Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Skip2190: Great Thanksgiving Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Thanksgiving Cruise

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

This was our 8th cruise overall, but our second cruise with Carnival. The last Carnival cruise was really boring. This cruise however, was really nice. We decided to book since our 7 year old was out of school for the Thanksgiving week. We were really surprised at the number of children on this cruise. We were told that of the almost 3,000 passengers on board, 800 were children. We recommend getting to the ship by 1200. Check-in really is a breeze. The cost of parking is about $75. Before you park, drop your bags off and have them delivered to your cabin. When you return from parking, have your passport ready. Expect 15-20 minutes to get through security and checked in. We also recommend bringing as many cases of water on board as you can carry. We didn't know they would let us, but we wished we had.

Once you're on board and settled, take a tour around the ship. This is not a huge ship, but one can get lost often enough. Shortly after sailing, you'll have to More go through the muster drill. This too is very simply and Carnival does this drill by zones. Once the drill is complete, consider attending the Camp Carnival introduction. This is a free day care service which our daughter actually had fun participating in. They offered a list of daily activities and again, our little really enjoyed this.

The food was not so great, but good enough for a cruise. Carnival does not offer open seating which we prefer, but we were lucky enough to sit with a very nice family. I'm not sure why, but Carnival did not have a lot to offer in the form of entertainment. Besides one really good show at the end of our cruise, there really was nothing offered. I mean outside of "Hair Chest" competition, gender wars, music trivia, etc. NCL & RCCL offer great shows.

Overall, we would do it again. We didn't expect to be this happy with this cruise, but we were. On a scale of 1-10, we give this cruise a 7.5. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Interior Empress u99

Descent size cabin. We didn't feel closed in. Service was 5+

Cozumel is one of our favorite islands. We took a taxi downtown and had lunch at one of the open-air restaurants. The food was good and the drinks were great. I asked one of the guys to add a little more tequila without measuring poured one of the strongest Margaretta I've ever had. I was buzzing on cloud nine by the time we left. Wish I could remember the name of the place. Not to worry though. Go to where NCL docks, walk across the street and follow the sound of the music. The place is always kicking. I strongly recommend avoiding the new shopping plaza near the supermarket and the Hard Rock Cafe. The vendors there are over priced and will not barter down. Similar to the vendors near where Carnival docks. For example, I lost a pair a shades in the ocean in Cayman while on a wave runner. (Funny story for another day) Decided to buy a pair while in Cozumel. The typical cost near the dock was $12 for a cheap pair of shades. Away from the dock, $8. Also, if you need to get online or make a phone call, Cozumel's the place. Although we didn't use all the time, the cost was $1 per hour. So unless it's an emergency, I would hold off using the services offered on board.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews