Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by rav4lady: Short overview of recent cruise on Conquest

Carnival Conquest 3
rav4lady
Member Since 2002
2,058 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Short overview of recent cruise on Conquest

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my 6th Carnival cruise so I thought I knew what to expect but I was a little disappointed this time. The food did not seem to be of the same quality as previously. The dining room service was excellent and so was the stateroom service. I have no complaints about any of the staff on the ship, they were all very friendly and seemed quite competent.

What I found lacking was 1)the variety of activities I Had found before. I always liked the live bands for dancing in the evenings in a lounge/bar but that was really lacking.The ships singers and dancers show the first night was really poorly done. I felt sorry for them, it was so bad. The Legends Show the last night, however, was excellent! The comediennes were funny but short shows and late at night if you wanted to eat dinner in the main dining room.

2) We chose late seating and of course we were assigned to the dining room the farthest from our cabin. It seemed almost like you couldn't get there from our cabin; More had to go up and back down to get around the other dining room.

3)Getting to many areas of the ship was not easy as you had to go up and back down for several of the locations and also had to go through the casino which was smoky and often very loud!

4)The restrooms had the loudest hand dryers I have ever used.I know that sounds picky but really they were! I have used the super dryers before many places but these were certainly super loud!

5)Our departure was so late, we lost a whole day on the ship basically by not being able to board until very late in the afternoon/evening and muster drill at 10PM..I was exhausted by then!Don't think anyone could concentrate on what they were being told.

6)Disembarkation was a mess! Took until 11am to get off the ship, we had the last number and my friend needed WC assistance. Our luggage was waiting for us, but took another hour to get outside and get a taxi to the airport. Really glad we had a late afternoon flight!

The ship has many attractive areas, the lobbey bar had the best duo called Play That. Enjoyed listening to their music each evening before dinner. The shops were disappointing, nothing at all exciting there. Only time shrimp cocktail was available was on the first elegant night. Couldn't get them otherwise.(we asked). The wine/bar server only visited our table 2x during the cruise and we ate in the dining room every evening.

I always enjoy cruising but may stay away from Carnival unless the deal is way too good to pass up with new ports! Less

Published 11/26/11

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6B1473 Ocean View

Ocean View 1473-great location, close to elevator but not close enough to hear the people as they get on and off. Plenty of storage space. Only one outlet in cabin.

Read All Ocean View (6B) Reviews >>
rav4lady
Member Since 2002
2,058 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X