Carnival Magic Cruise Review by youngbev

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4D

Carnival Magic maiden voyage Galveston
After a year of waiting to sail on the Carnival Magic this was the most disappointing cruise we have ever had. Carnival should be ashamed of their self's for even allowing this cruise to leave Galveston.

Embarkation..You would think carnival would have this down after years of sailing out of Galveston. This was our tenth carnival cruise and you would have thought they have never done this before. I have never seen such confusion and misinformation.

The ship was beautiful. Getting around was easy and learning the ship took no time. The water park was great with lots to do. We had a inside room that was very nice. Our cabin steward was fantastic, his name is Harry. He always greeted us with a smile and called us by name.

We ate in the dining room on the first night. It took 1.5 hrs to get our food. the waiter was working 30 people with no help!...not sure if it was good since once we received it our food was already cold... We thought something was wrong because we have never has service like this before little did we know of other issues going on at this time. Our waiter seemed to care less if we liked it or not. We left and headed up to the lido to eat but it was so crowded and no place to sit. The lido deck was always crowded and finding a place to sit was always a challenge.

This is a big ship but its too small for the number of passengers carnival wants onboard. Our cruise was not full and I can only imagine how bad it would be at full capacity. Oh ya, this was just our first day still in galveston!! The ship sailed 2 hrs late.

During our first night Carnival sneeked under our cabin door a letter that we would not be going to Costa Maya, since the ship was broke and was in need of repairs that was not previously fixed. They informed us that we would be spending 2 days in Progresso.... I would have rather stayed docked in

Galveston than go to Progresso. The $25.00 on board credit that Carnival gave us was a joke since Progresso is a DUMP of a port. Carnival should remove this as a port since it is a very bad choice. Carnival knew this ship was in need of repair before it made the Trans-Altantic voyage to Galveston and we should have been notified to make our decision to or not to take this cruise since we would not have gone to Progesso. I feel that Carnival did this just to trap people into to going and save face since this was the Maden voyage and not get bad media coverage. They would have been so much better off being honest with their guest instead of being dishonest.

The theatre is way too small, I had to go atleast 1 hour before each event since the theatre is not large enough to accomadate the number of people this ship holds. Also, the balcony seating is only fit for very small people. My knees where touching the back of the chair in front of me. Very uncomfortable. The shows that Carnival is putting on is extensively lacking in quality and entertainment.

Carnival missed the boat on making this larger ship. More people, less service is not the way to go. Carnival needs to focus more on accommodations instead of quantity of people. I am very disappointed with my Platinum cruise and truly disappointed in Carnival for such lack of concern for the passengers. GREED is not always good.

I think it is past time to start cruising with other cruise lines, since Carnival has chosen a none memory making time for vacations. Very disappointed with my MAGIC cruse.

Publication Date: 11/26/11