Carnival Magic Cruise Review by EZLUCAS: Inaugural Magic Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Inaugural Magic Cruise

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

The Magic's inaugural cruise started with much fanfare on Sunday as my family listened to Maroon Five from our window at the Harbor House in Galveston. The next day my 11-year-old Platinum Cruiser was the first Galveston passenger on board sometime after 11:00am. At this point, our vacation had begun. It took a couple of days to learn the ship but as each day passed, we could make our way with ease.

The food was awesome! We did have a bit of excitement in the Southern Lights Dining room on Tuesday eve. A waiter whacked the Maitre'd with a big stir stick and was held in a neck-lock until he could be carted off. This was not Carnival's fault and dinner went on. My family enjoyed every meal and we enjoyed the staff. Escargot was delicious. I know a few posted that the portions were too small. Just order extra if you think you can eat it. We enjoyed the Oceanside BarBQ. I recommend the "Topless Burgers." I would ask all fellow cruisers to have your mind made up on More what you want to order. I had one guy spend what seemed to be 10 minutes deciding what he wanted on his omelet. Had he decided on this while he was in line would have made things move faster for the rest. Just a tip J

The water slides were fun and we enjoyed the Sky Course. There was something to do at all time but I enjoyed my deck time with a Ginger Ale.

The staff was friendly and most all the guest were great.

We heard rumors on deck that there may be some prop issues with the Magic and On Monday eve after dinner we received a notice that the stern thrusters were in need of repair and would require a change of port. This had never happened to me before and my family had already fell in love with the ship so we didn't care where it went we just wanted to be on it. I know a few folks felt as if the world ended but Carnival handled it as good as anyone in the business. They didn't dump us off at a port for us to find our way home, they didn't cancel the cruise causing us working stiffs to have to asked for days off in the future, and they even gave us $25 per person. We got to intimidate the Elation as the Magic dwarfed her in Progresso. We went to Progresso on Wednesday and on Thursday enjoyed the ship. I don't think any cruise line can help when mechanical problems arise but we were pleased at how this was handled.

The staterooms were excellent. I love the two bathrooms. One morning we were without hot water so I started with the feet and worked up. It was quite chilly. By noon we had hot water. I know there were a few who needed Prozac after this but we know that things happen and we got a call from the ship telling us the water would be back on. IT WAS NO BIG DEAL!!!!!!

The Negative: Having to get off the ship!

Overall the cruse was a 10+. I liked it so much we booked another Magic cruise (8 day) on December 18. I recommend this ship to all who like to cruise. All uptight folks should stay at home! So the answer to the question "Is there Magic on the Magic. It is not magic but a Cruise Line who knows how to make a cruise the best vacation of your life! I thank the Lord for allowing my family to cruise and for His salvation. God Bless Israel and Carnival.
ez Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Oceanview Riviera 1394

Excellent!

(5.5)
Excellent!
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

It is not my favorite but it is okay!
Read 284 Progreso Reviews